Dustin Hopkins released. Blewitt signed to active roster. Blewitt released. Slye signed.

MikeT14

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Hopkins with a game-winner to beat the Eagles today. 

I felt bad for him getting cut, but there was probably no reason for it. He’s much better off now, so the only people to feel bad for are the WFT fans. 

I feel this way about anyone that "gets away" from this place.

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

Hopkins with a game-winner to beat the Eagles today. 

I felt bad for him getting cut, but there was probably no reason for it. He’s much better off now, so the only people to feel bad for are the WFT fans. 

Didn't I hear he missed an XP though. Put them a point down at the end . Glad he made the winning F G .

30 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Didn't I hear he missed an XP though. Put them a point down at the end . Glad he made the winning F G .

Yeah, he missed one. Bad. Put the Chargers in position where they had to go for two at one point (which they converted). They also had to make sure they pushed far enough into the RZ so that it was a chip shot for Hop.

I'll double down. Signing Blewitt was not the answer, but it wasn't wrong to let Hop go either. You just screwed up the replacement. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, he missed one. Bad. Put the Chargers in position where they had to go for two at one point (which they converted). They also had to make sure they pushed far enough into the RZ so that it was a chip shot for Hop.

I'll double down. Signing Blewitt was not the answer, but it wasn't wrong to let Hop go either. You just screwed up the replacement. 

Missed XPs hurt, for sure.

But did they really have to get super close for the final kick? The guy has now made 30 of his last 33 FGs. That’s over the course of 15.5 games, so basically a full season of kicking at a 91% clip. Any team would push it down as far as they could to make it as easy as possible on their kicker — the Ravens, for example, drove it down far enough to set Tucker up to kick a 36-yarder with basically no time left to win their game against Mr. 500. Did they have to do that? No, but they still did. Why wouldn’t they?

As to your conclusion about screwing up the replacement...yes, that’s always been the point. It’s not as though it would be impossible to upgrade Hopkins. He’s basically a league-average kicker, maybe a shade below, there are obviously other better kickers who exist in the world. But trying to find one of these guys midseason, choosing from a group that consists entirely of guys who no one else wanted — that’s a scenario where you’re very likely to screw up the replacement. Which is why they shouldn’t have done it. You don’t boot a solid kicker unless you have a replacement you’re very confident in. Which they didn’t, and don’t. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Missed XPs hurt, for sure.

But did they really have to get super close for the final kick? The guy has now made 30 of his last 33 FGs. That’s over the course of 15.5 games, so basically a full season of kicking at a 91% clip. Any team would push it down as far as they could to make it as easy as possible on their kicker — the Ravens, for example, drove it down far enough to set Tucker up to kick a 36-yarder with basically no time left to win their game against Mr. 500. Did they have to do that? No, but they still did. Why wouldn’t they?

Watching that game, yes. I am convinced they were calculating being more safe over sorry.

• Like 1