2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

8 hours ago, germ-x said:

Glad Fangio said it in his press conference.  Biggest difference between Denver and the rest of the AFC West is QB play.  It was a parting shot from him, but Elway and Co deserved it. 

The #1 reason this team at best hovers around .500 or worse isn’t because of coaching or the draft or FA moves.  It’s because they can’t find an even NFL average QB since 2015.

Firing Fangio (and I am for it) does nothing unless this organization gets a legitimate NFL starting QB in the building.  

While I agree, this coaching staff has also treated the QB position as if they were looking for an instant plug and play pro bowler. They have done nothing to scheme to help any QB we have had and have actively hindered the development of the only QB drafted (his comment the week Lock had to step in for Teddy where he acknowledged that Lock doesn’t get any practice reps).

That’s like maintaining a strict diet but never doing cardio then when you fail to perform when running a marathon saying “the elements were there, the other runners just had better lungs” like it was a gift from god and out of your hands. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Interesting press conference. Fangio certainly doesn't sound like a guy leaving..

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/the-foundation-is-there-broncos-come-up-short-vs-chiefs-but-believe-brighter-day

Honestly, for me this cements why he has got to go. This is the leader of this team and he takes no accountability,  no ownership. That bleeds into the culture. He can scheme a great Defense but As he said in his introductory press conference, The NFL is a game of inches. And as a leader and game manager he comes up short every time. The worse part is because of his unwillingness to take responsibility he hasn’t, and won’t, learn from it or get better. You can’t learn from your mistakes if you won’t acknowledge them.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Interesting press conference. Fangio certainly doesn't sound like a guy leaving..

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/the-foundation-is-there-broncos-come-up-short-vs-chiefs-but-believe-brighter-day

Why would he say things to make it sound like he was losing his job? All coaches have a massive ego and talk in coach speak which isn’t going to be anything but positive. If you were a HC with a year left on your contract and knowing your on the chopping block from what will be his last NFL HC position would you be talking about your likely firing? 

12 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Honestly, for me this cements why he has got to go. This is the leader of this team and he takes no accountability,  no ownership. That bleeds into the culture. He can scheme a great Defense but As he said in his introductory press conference, The NFL is a game of inches. And as a leader and game manager he comes up short every time. The worse part is because of his unwillingness to take responsibility he hasn’t, and won’t, learn from it or get better. You can’t learn from your mistakes if you won’t acknowledge them.

Could not agree more. The bolded is also a big reason why I felt Lock would never develop. If you watched him in press conferences last year and in his short time while starting this year he was always chalking up the same mistakes to fluke or just bad luck.

We need to bring in a head coach that owns his mistakes and builds a culture of accountability. Show up and take care of the parts of the game that are your job. From a player standpoint, if you have a coach that holds himself accountable it becomes much easier to hold yourself to that same standard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

We need to bring in a head coach that owns his mistakes and builds a culture of accountability. 

Actually, that holds true for every profession. You actually shock most people when you openly admit a mistake and take full responsibility.

It gains you tons of respect and credibility though, something absolutely necessary for career advancement. 

• Like 1

The interesting thing with LV's win (and man, that was a game for the ages) - what happens if LV wins 1 playoff game with Rich Bisaccia?  

I don't know if it was raised here or in NFLGen, but the Q was asked - what happens when the interim coach gets the team further along than anyone expected, including playoffs?    

If LV loses next week, maybe it's enough to keep the earlier momentum on Harbaugh (+/- Fangio as DC) for LV.   But if he wins....man, that's an unexpected problem.

FWIW, the NFL really did LV (and if they had won, LAC) no favors - they get the Saturday 4:30 PM game vs. a rested CIN team on the road.   At least it's not a 1 PM game, but man, the NFL tilted the playing field towards the Bengals next week.   Still, it's any given Sunday, as the Colts and their fans found out today.

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The interesting thing with LV's win (and man, that was a game for the ages) - what happens if LV wins 1 playoff game with Rich Bisaccia?  

I don't know if it was raised here or in NFLGen, but the Q was asked - what happens when the interim coach gets the team further along than anyone expected, including playoffs? 

Otherwise known as the Nate McMillan conundrum 

FWIW Allbright isn't saying this is a lock, but he's pretty clearly still of the belief that Wilson will become available.  Won't lie, I'd be so happy if we had a 2/3 combo like below, I'd have a perma-grin on my face all offseason.

Edited by Broncofan

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The Montreal Canadiens fired their coach mid season last year, went on an incredibly improbable run to the Cup finals with their interim even though just about everyone knew he’s a bad coach, and now have him locked in on a 3-year deal that sees them with the 2nd-worst record in the league. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The Montreal Canadiens fired their coach mid season last year, went on an incredibly improbable run to the Cup finals with their interim even though just about everyone knew he’s a bad coach, and now have him locked in on a 3-year deal that sees them with the 2nd-worst record in the league. 

Right - when the run was fueled by an insanely hot Carey Price.  Goalies can carry teams in playoffs.   

Raider fans might be better off losing @ CIN for the long run.   Bisaccia is a great story but HC Harbaugh / DC Fangio would be a great combo.