Impending Hue Jackson Firing, Coaching Non-Options, & Other Nonsense

Mind Character

The lack of success isn't fully on Hue. But these idiotic coaching decisions are.

2 weeks ago: Decline a 15 yard penalty when it was 4th & 1....wtfffffffff

This week: Call a timeout with 40 seconds left in the half and the play clock on 3rd & Goal....wtfffffff

I never really want to drive coaches out of here, but those are basic things that you shouldn't be screwing up. Time for a new guy. I'd like to get a proven college head coach...a young offensive minded guy.

24 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

The lack of success isn't fully on Hue. But these idiotic coaching decisions are.

This week: Call a timeout with 40 seconds left in the half and the play clock on 3rd & Goal....wtfffffff

I never really want to drive coaches out of here, but those are basic things that you shouldn't be screwing up. Time for a new guy. I'd like to get a proven college head coach...a young offensive minded guy.

"Proven head coach" is pretty much an oxymoron as it applies to the NFL.

10 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I shouldve added Chip Kelly to the list...

Vikings OC put together a good gameplan.

So did the Colts OC when we played them, good work with Brissett too.

Texans D coordinator keeps producing despite injuries. Might wanna consider him.

The Eagles qb coach has done wonders with Wentz, he's an out of the box option.

The Bears offense wasn't been bad considering their lack of talent and youth with Trubisky. Think we could get their OC?

Maybe UGA's DC for those wanting a college guy?

Just spitballin.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Nitpicking if you ask me, and this is with all due respect. We are all looking with a microscope to find any little reason to freak out about , I see this in every other game I watch. Plus what do you think your "Young offensive coordinator dude" is going to do?

So, these two examples are reasons to fire the guy? So you basically expect him to be perfect? How would you feel if you inherited this situation?

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Texans D coordinator keeps producing despite injuries. Might wanna consider him.

The Bears offense wasn't been bad considering their lack of talent and youth with Trubisky. Think we could get their OC?

Just spitballin.

The common denominator is that these are all regular dudes, no spectacular names, just regular guys who know football. This is the common theme when I look at teams playing us, they beat us with basic football which is infuriating, not big plays. As a matter of fact, we get beat by dang near the same plays offensively, and defensively I've been saying this for the past couple of years, the gameplan against the Browns on defense is super simple, sell out to stop the run and make the QB beat you passing. We are getting beat week after week by simplicity.

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The common denominator is that these are all regular dudes, no spectacular names, just regular guys who know football. This is the common theme when I look at teams playing us, they beat us with basic football which is infuriating, not big plays. As a matter of fact, we get beat by dang near the same plays offensively, and defensively I've been saying this for the past couple of years, the gameplan against the Browns on defense is super simple, sell out to stop the run and make the QB beat you passing. We are getting beat week after week by simplicity.

They aren't regular dudes, they're the best minds in football, every one of these guys.

A dude I've been friends with since little league is a position coach in the league and he was always extremely knowledgeable about the game, one of the smartest I've met.  They are all like him, only more experienced.

Folks have this idea that we're somehow going to hire a guy who is significantly smarter than the rest of the best coaches in the world, which is absurd.

X's and O's only take you so far, you can't out scheme talent in the NFL consistently.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just spitballin.

DONT YOU PUT DOWELL LOGGAINS ON US AGAIN
DONT YO UDO IT

8 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Some guys I think you could really see as the Browns' HC next season:

Matt Nagy, KC offensive coordinator

John DeFillipo, Philly QB coach (he was good here, remember?)

Mike Vrabel, Houston defensive coordinator

na, some people def hated him too

Archived