GDT: NY Giants vs. KC Chiefs @ 8:15PM Nov 1.

Giants4eva

I've embraced the win we got yesterday against the Panthers. Very impressive outing by DJ and what he had to work with. Also impressive day for the defence. They flat out dominated. But its time to move forward. Up next is a squad who can put up points at will. This is a true test if Mahomes will play. He did sustain what looked like a concussion at the end of the game against the Titans, so well see if he's in or not. The Gmen really showed alot of heart and pride yesterday to beat the Panthers. The fact that DJ didn't have KT, KG, SS, Saquon and a complete frankenstein mixture of an oline..comes away with a win. That's just incredible against any team. This Chiefs team defence is just not at all capable of stopping this team if we got some of these guys back. And id love to see us pull a miracle to beat them. I know ppl are saying this Chiefs team isnt what its been the last couple years and they are struggling putting up points on the board, but truth be told we all know Mahomes is in a slump, like any QB can be at times. Mahomes if he finds his rythym we are in HUGE trouble. Being that we are in KC and its a monday night, with the house rocking.. I think this one can be close, but the Chiefs find their mojo against us and we come up short. If the Giants wanna make a statement to the fanbase and say hey we ain't dead yet, we go out and win this game. But with the amount of bodies uncertain of playing in this one, I just cant see us pulling this thing out. 

Chiefs - 28  /  Giants - 22

Edited by Giants4eva

The Chiefs are reeling into this game; their terrible defense has Mahomes trying to do too much and turning the ball over left and right. But the Giants' defense didn't look much better until last week, and between the porous o-line and laundry list of injuries, our offense is barely functioning. Daniel Jones putting the team on his back was enough to beat the Panthers but these guys are a different story.

The rush must get home early and often because there's no way our secondary (especially Bradberry) can keep up with their receivers. And when we get the ball, our woeful red zone offense will have to make a huge turnaround. Otherwise, this will be a classic get-right game for the Chiefs.

Moving DJ outside the pocket worked out well last week, but can they do it again and it work?  

I'd love to think that last weeks performance will carry over but we just haven't seen this team play consistently this year and if we're being honest haven't seen it in a long time.

When is the trade deadline?   

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Moving DJ outside the pocket worked out well last week, but can they do it again and it work?  

I'd love to think that last weeks performance will carry over but we just haven't seen this team play consistently this year and if we're being honest haven't seen it in a long time.

When is the trade deadline?   

This Tuesday.

Think we stand any chance of covering Travis Kelce? We've been getting torched by TEs for too long. Probably our only chance is to force a bunch of turnovers before Mahomes can get rid of the ball.

44 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

This Tuesday.

Think we stand any chance of covering Travis Kelce? We've been getting torched by TEs for too long. Probably our only chance is to force a bunch of turnovers before Mahomes can get rid of the ball.

I don't think our linebackers are really geared for pass coverage, so I think it falls on our safeties, but if they play them deep in coverage it'll be difficult.  This is probably why we've been getting burnt.  Just thinking about this, I can see the headache that the chiefs give defensive coordinators...haha.

Was really hoping that we could have traded a few players, but our roster is pretty thin due to injuries. 

• Like 1

i so wanna change my mind about us not pulling out a win tonight. after the jets pulled off an awe inspiring win yesterday i wanna try and think is it in the cards for us as well? i dont know.. just see Mahomes re-awakening against us tonight. hope we pull off a miracle

I'm just hoping for a decent showing tonight. Very slim chance of victory but at least go out there and give the viewers a good game worth watching in primetime. Tomorrow being the trade deadline who knows who will still be here on Wednesday. Maybe if Barkley and Golladay were suiting up they would have a shot. This is the most beatable the Chiefs have been in years but I don't see it. Sad too because a win tonight and maybe steal a W against Vegas and then all of the sudden the second half of the schedule has some winnable games. More then likely though they lose badly tonight, blow it up tomorrow, and the rest of the season is meaningless.

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Are people going to listen to the usual Monday Night team on ESPN, or listen to Eli and Peyton take on the game on ESPN 2? 

I'm absolutely going with the Manning bros. They are awesome. Even if I could stand the regular Monday night crew, which I can't, I'd tune in to the Manning bros.

Eli admitted that he's going to be rooting hard and obviously for the Giants. I really want to see that.