ReggieCamp

Who would win in a sprint right now?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Fastest?

• Ben Roethlisberger
    • Case Keenum
    • mtmmike

17 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I understand that it's about creating mismatches, but it doesn't really go along with the general run first/play action type of O that we want to run.  Honestly, spreading out a solid front 7 D, and trying to create those mismatches might be good in theory, but we don't seem to be very good at it.  Or should I say...Baker doesn't appear to be very good at it.  At Oklahoma, sure...in the NFL..... I would like to see his stats!  I think we would have been more effective staying with the run, and running some play action, even rolling Baker out (away from Watt)  Some downfield throws, without going 5 wide, could have loosened up the D as well.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, it's the presnap "chess game" that Stefanski does. He is almost at the top of the league in motions, shifts, etc.

1/2 of the time they go 5 wide, they will motion the RB back into the backfield, and sometimes even shift both tight ends back onto the line of scrimmage, motion the RB into the backfield, and then put Baker under center.

It basically makes you make a decision with your linebackers/safeties, and then is an absolute tell on run fits and coverage, whether zone or man.

• Like 1