Who would win in a sprint right now?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Fastest?

• Ben Roethlisberger
    • Case Keenum
    • mtmmike

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

God that was such a disappointment.

after that TE caught that amazing TD, I knew the game was over. When we got that 1st and 20  because of that holding call, I told my wife, “watch, they will get a 22yards pass here”. I was wrong, they got 24. I know the defense only held them to 15pts but my god Woods defense was killing me. 

I kinda feel like the Stefanski is figured out. He needs to start adding wrinkles to the scheme cause good defenses are stifling him. Should have been a given when he has these go to 4th down plays that every DC seems to be sitting on. 

What I don't get is when what we are doing stops working for a drive or 2 it seems like we change our offense entirely.  Watching Baker try to run shotgun spread offense is unbearable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

What I don't get is when what we are doing stops working for a drive or 2 it seems like we change our offense entirely.  Watching Baker try to run shotgun spread offense is unbearable.

I hate it when we go 5 wide. That’s what killed freddie, so why are we doing it now. We are getting away from Mirroring our run game and pass game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Well… if they’ve got big azz hands, yes.

Hooper has some Large hands...

Want to say OBJ and Jarvis have some pretty large hands. OBJ is 10in and Jarvis 10 1/4in. For comparison, DK’s is 9 7/8s. Mike Evan’s was 9 5/8s. Calvin Johnson’s was 9 1/4

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Not that Baker played great or anything but nobody on our team made any plays for him at all.

TE on the Steelers made a play and that won the game.

that was my take away as well.  we have WR's and TE's, we don't have any play makers.  we had many opportunities in this game and instead of a big play, we got dropped passes, penalties, and a fumble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Yes, I'm an apologist because I recognize what a back shoulder throw is.

We all know you want Baker to fail, but try harder.

Want him to fail?

You apologists are mentally impaired.

I would like nothing more than him to succeed.

How do you reach these irrational conclusions?

Just now, bruceb said:

Want him to fail?

You apologists are mentally impaired.

I would like nothing more than him to succeed.

How do you reach these irrational conclusions?

I reach my rational conclusions based on your posting history.

Some people want certain players to fail just to say they were right about them, despite the fact that it would hurt their team.

There's legit criticisms you could make about Baker, but yours are often just wrong or hyperbolic. Just like how you said it was Baker's fault for those drops today, despite that 100% not being the case. Yet you won't ever concede that you're wrong.

19 minutes ago, bungleodeon said:

that was my take away as well.  we have WR's and TE's, we don't have any play makers.  we had many opportunities in this game and instead of a big play, we got dropped passes, penalties, and a fumble.

Yeah you almost could forgive/forget the fact none of our skill players did anything exceptional all game if they didn't also completely blow it multiple times.

Baker was the only person on offense who played like he wanted to win.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I reach my rational conclusions based on your posting history.

Some people want certain players to fail just to say they were right about them, despite the fact that it would hurt their team.

There's legit criticisms you could make about Baker, but yours are often just wrong or hyperbolic. Just like how you said it was Baker's fault for those drops today, despite that 100% not being the case. Yet you won't ever concede that you're wrong.

Dont feed the trolls 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Does size help them not fumble?

does size help them catch the ball when it hits them on their hands?

does the size mean the coach doesn’t abandon the run?

I agree, it be nice to get bigger WRs but it’s not the reason we lost

Candy has a thing against Baker’s height. 

But the truth is taller receivers can help any qb. Makes sense, taller receiver can out height shorter dbs. 

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I hate it when we go 5 wide. That’s what killed freddie, so why are we doing it now. We are getting away from Mirroring our run game and pass game

I would rather watch Pittsburgh try to stop what we are good at doing for an entire game than attempt to do stuff we are notably bad at.

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Candy has a thing against Baker’s height. 

But the truth is taller receivers can help any qb. Makes sense, taller receiver can out height shorter dbs. 

I do think that he sails a lot of his passes trying to make sure they don't get deflected at the line of scrimmage.

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I do think that he sails a lot of his passes trying to make sure they don't get deflected at the line of scrimmage.

I somewhat agree. I’m thinking of 2 passes that I originally was pissed at that Baker threw. But when I saw the replay he actually made the proper throw. With a proper touch. Why?  Because the stillers defender raised his hands when he threw. But each time if the receiver could have actually caught a slightly off (because of a qb adjustment) throw it would have resulted in a nice gain. 

Unfortunately this is deeper than we realize. And I can’t figure it out. 

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I somewhat agree. I’m thinking of 2 passes that I originally was pissed at that Baker threw. But when I saw the replay he actually made the proper throw. With a proper touch. Why?  Because the stillers defender raised his hands when he threw. But each time if the receiver could have actually caught a slightly off (because of a qb adjustment) throw it would have resulted in a nice gain. 

Unfortunately this is deeper than we realize. And I can’t figure it out. 

Yeah that's what I thought about the Hooper TD pass.