ReggieCamp

Who would win in a sprint right now?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Fastest?

• Ben Roethlisberger
    • Case Keenum
    • mtmmike

17 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah he did play pretty well today, but he only sees WR’s that are open if it’s who he is expecting to be open. Some of those drops today were on plays were he had better options. There are multiple plays every game where he isn’t seeing very wide open options. Some of these plays turn out well, but you got to see the whole field which he doesn’t 

He had open, better options on 3-4 plays iirc.

The announcers describe he decisions as "getting greedy".

I describe it as wanting and trying to be a hero and foregoing positive plays.

1 hour ago, Empire Lies said:

It's literally a completely different picture of things that people have in their mind.

OBJ locates the ball in the air, takes 7 steps after that in his route, jumps to one hand catch with the other arm out to absorb a potential hit, doesn't make the catch.

This wasn't a bullet from 8 yards away. A receiver adjusts to a ball in the air and makes a pass accurate. Been that way since the dawn of football. Maybe OBJ needs glasses.

• Like 1

Drops are as much about timing and ball placement as ball skills.

The last drop to Landry wasn't the greatest ball placement. He was late on the throw to Higgins that was dropped. Late on the OBJ throw. Even Hooper's drop wasn't the easiest of catches.

The team got beat in the trenches on both sides but this one was still very winnable. It comes down to the guy that has the ball in his hands more than any other player. He didn't have any backbreaking turnovers but he was late on throws, didn't have consistent ball placement and didn't see the field that great. The running game isn't always going kick everyone's ***....the receivers aren't always gonna make tough catches.

Was talking with some peeps about the game, and I/we were wondering about 

A.  Where was Stanton....I get that we don't use this guy a ton, but a FB may have come in handy with the running game struggling.

B.  Speaking of the running game....why does it seem we abandon it way too soon?  I get down and distance will dictate things, but I believe we attempted 30 passes, and 20 runs (something like that)

C.  Why do we go 5 wide so much?  I thought this offense was run first, with the ability to go play-action?  I didn't see that at all, and in fact, the offense looks different week to week.  Sure you have to scheme for your opponent, but I don't see our "supposed" identity out there on a consistent basis.

D.  What about the penalties?  We are top half in the league in penalties (both amount, and yards)  Weren't we all bi..hing that it was a "Freddie" thing?  It seems more like a "player" thing iyam.  The lack of discipline has hurt this team at some critical moments of games.

We also played very uninspired against the Steelers, which I have to put on Stef.  I get he isn't the rah rah dude, but man, how bout something?  If a team takes on the personality of the coach, then we are pretty blah.

Also for all the cats who think practice is overrated, and all it does is get guys hurt....something can be said for reps, and continuity, and I can't think it's been helpful that we sit out all these dudes during the week, and then they play on Sunday...jmho!

26 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Was talking with some peeps about the game, and I/we were wondering about 

A.  Where was Stanton....I get that we don't use this guy a ton, but a FB may have come in handy with the running game struggling.

Solid question.

B.  Speaking of the running game....why does it seem we abandon it way too soon?  I get down and distance will dictate things, but I believe we attempted 30 passes, and 20 runs (something like that)

That Steelers run D is really good.  I think it likely the overall lack of effectiveness.

C.  Why do we go 5 wide so much?  I thought this offense was run first, with the ability to go play-action?  I didn't see that at all, and in fact, the offense looks different week to week.  Sure you have to scheme for your opponent, but I don't see our "supposed" identity out there on a consistent basis.

Just guessing, but I think the goal was to spread them out instead of trying to play bully ball.  That front 7 is good.  I also think they may have wanted to make their offense HAVE to score points in bunches, which they’re not capable of.

D.  What about the penalties?  We are top half in the league in penalties (both amount, and yards)  Weren't we all bi..hing that it was a "Freddie" thing?  It seems more like a "player" thing iyam.  The lack of discipline has hurt this team at some critical moments of games.

Some penalties are gonna happen, and some this year have been BS, but some are just inexcusable.

2 false starts by WIDE RECEIVERS!?!?  How does that happen? That’s absolutely not coaching imo.  

We also played very uninspired against the Steelers, which I have to put on Stef.  I get he isn't the rah rah dude, but man, how bout something?  If a team takes on the personality of the coach, then we are pretty blah.

Blah maybe, but also calm, cool and collected.  With high highs typically come low lows.

I don’t mind even keeled.

Also, I don’t need loud and obnoxious, it doesn’t win games.  Playing smart and disciplined does imo.

Also for all the cats who think practice is overrated, and all it does is get guys hurt....something can be said for reps, and continuity, and I can't think it's been helpful that we sit out all these dudes during the week, and then they play on Sunday...jmho!

I mean, maybe, but they had a lot less preparation last season.

As for the 5 wide question, that's all about personnel. It's essentially the same philosophy New England has used, which is a double TE personnel and a RB (21) and then spreading it out wide, isolating TE's in the slot on linebackers and getting base or heavy defensive personnel.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As for the 5 wide question, that's all about personnel. It's essentially the same philosophy New England has used, which is a double TE personnel and a RB (21) and then spreading it out wide, isolating TE's in the slot on linebackers and getting base or heavy defensive personnel.

I understand that it's about creating mismatches, but it doesn't really go along with the general run first/play action type of O that we want to run.  Honestly, spreading out a solid front 7 D, and trying to create those mismatches might be good in theory, but we don't seem to be very good at it.  Or should I say...Baker doesn't appear to be very good at it.  At Oklahoma, sure...in the NFL..... I would like to see his stats!  I think we would have been more effective staying with the run, and running some play action, even rolling Baker out (away from Watt)  Some downfield throws, without going 5 wide, could have loosened up the D as well.