2021 Week 8 GDT Steelers visit Da Browns

Steeler Hitman

Browns-Vs.-Steelers-Squares.jpg

3-3 Steelers vs 4-3 Browns

When and Where: Sunday 10/31/21 @ 1 pm in Cleveland, Ohio

Screenshot-2015-11-24-22.12.36-777x437.p

All time Series: lead 77-61-1USATSI_15495215.jpg?resize=1024,689elers

Last Meeting was the embarrassing wild card play-off loss last season 48-37. Baker and the Browns have been all smiles the last two meetings versus the Steelers.

USATSI_15419551.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Some Steelers have rode off into the sunset and others are being groomed for the rocking chair by some Steelers fans and the media.

dc5f0e5b-0c40-42fa-9333-1c14089ee45a.d95

Well this ain't the same ole Browns teams of old.  The Browns boast one of the most powerful offensive lines and have been Nick Chubbing along!!!

gjfvmpuog4iv1vduwoye

Missing these two players make the Steelers run defense very average as they have struggled to stop the run without Tuitt and Tyson. The Browns have some injuries, but as Seattle showed in the second half versus the Steelers, pounding the rock is the easiest way to take advantage of this defense.

4352501_web1_ptr-SteelersSea07-101821.jp

Trying to pass against the Steelers pass rushers would play into the Steelers strength.

3200697b7fe20fdde9afb79af44b7f68.jpg?wid

Myles Garrett and the Browns have had a lot to smile about despite some close losses. This is a good football team and will be in the thick of contention come December and January.

ben-roethlisberger-nfl-afc-wild-card-pla

The Steelers quest for seven is riding on ole #7. Age, injuries, poor protection, poor mechanics and passing have contributed to the Steelers offensive struggles.

c93f58e06c464041857cd30bc8b72d27

Can Najee carry the Steelers offense and match Nick Chubb and the Browns powerful rushing attack?

The team who runs the ball and can stop the run should win. The Browns are the better team this year. We have seen in this series that the best team doesn't always win. That said, I am still picking the Browns. Steelers defense has a lot of questions. Teams will pound them until they prove they can stop the run. Browns win a close one 23-21.

this game will be won in the trenches...not optimistic about this game. we need to come out and jump on them early and hope they go away from the run game. I think we can do something on offense if we keep ben clean/he's seeing the field..but all that is a big IF with our offense.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The Defense is going to need to bring their big boy pants. The world saw us make Alex Collins look like Walter Payton. The Browns are going to come in looking to punch us in the mouth. I don't see this one going well for us. 

I’m hoping the 2nd half against Seattle was just a blip on the radar for our bad run D. We are typically pretty strong against the run. If we can slow down Chubb/Johnson I think we have a punchers chance.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’m hoping the 2nd half against Seattle was just a blip on the radar for our bad run D. We are typically pretty strong against the run. If we can slow down Chubb/Johnson I think we have a punchers chance.

I think the key to defeating our defense has always been to run. Early and often. It seems like the past couple years we haven't faced a team that focused on the run from the beginning of a game and never abandoned it.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’m hoping the 2nd half against Seattle was just a blip on the radar for our bad run D.

We are typically pretty strong against the run.

If we can slow down Chubb/Johnson I think we have a punchers chance.

That is what somewhat concerns me as the Steelers have not been despite having improvements at ILB in terms of starters and depth. I don't think the issue is Bush (taking some criticism now), Schobert (just trying to learn the defense on the fly)and Spillane (taking criticism for his pass defense). No Tuitt and Tyson are hurting. The pieces we have are solid rotation players, but below average starters. Teams are punching the Steelers DL in the mouth. Double team Cam and pretty easy pickings elsewhere. Need some guys up front to step up in the trenches. They don't have to make the tackles, but get in the way so the ILB'ers can. Schobert and Bush can bring it if they don't have blockers occupying them. The Steelers should know this scheme because this is the style of football that they have played for years!!!

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

Wormley could be cut tomorrow with no loss.  I was hoping Buggs had more sand in his pants. DT could be a high draft pick this year but CB or safety is more likely

They’ll save $2.5 mill by cutting Wormley this offseason...I think he’s gone

I can't be the only one who thinks Wormley has been playing well can I? He is nowhere near as splashy as the top two in Heyward and Tuitt, but he is also the #4 and I thought has been playing pretty well. Ive said before I don't like PFF in totality, but I think their best/easiest to measure is probably in the trenches -- where he rates above average. 

He isn't the guy you want starting instead of Tuitt or Alualu....but I also wouldn't be rushing out the door to cut him. 

• Like 1