How do you see Cinci's season going from now?

Hunter2_1

Bengals  

36 members have voted

1. 1. the rest of the way

• Come back down to earth, miss the playoffs
    • Regression back toward mean but make it via Wildcard
    • Continue this trajectory, winning the division
    • Step it up even more and cement #1 seed in AFC
    • "They don't matter"

8 Sun, Oct 31      
9 Sun, Nov 7      
10 BYE WEEK
11 Sun, Nov 21      
12 Sun, Nov 28      
13 Sun, Dec 5      
14 Sun, Dec 12      
15 Sun, Dec 19      
16 Sun, Dec 26      
17 Sun, Jan 2      
18 Sun, Jan 9  

Then I saw Ja'marr Chase....Now I'm a Belieeever! Not a trace, of doubt in my mind!

I weren't buying them until now. And it's not just the win over Baltimore, but according to DVOA charts, they're also the 5th best defensive team in the league. Already thought Burrow was the real deal, and now Chase is emerging as a bona fide superstar as a rookie. 

How does the rest of the season play out ?

Edited by Hunter2_1

Staying healthy (knock on wood) has been the biggest difference maker this year. With how they’ve played thus far, and with some of these other “tough” teams struggling and injured, 10 wins seems like the floor at this point. Burrow seems to get better every week as he continues to recover from injury and the OL is gelling. The defense really has been awesome, they have a bend but don’t break mentality, and are keeping us in the game until the offense starts to click. It’s an exciting time to be a Bengals fan for sure, but as always I try to keep my expectations tempered. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Staying healthy (knock on wood) has been the biggest difference maker this year. With how they’ve played thus far, and with some of these other “tough” teams struggling and injured, 10 wins seems like the floor at this point. Burrow seems to get better every week as he continues to recover from injury and the OL is gelling. The defense really has been awesome, they have a bend but don’t break mentality, and are keeping us in the game until the offense starts to click. It’s an exciting time to be a Bengals fan for sure, but as always I try to keep my expectations tempered. 

What's been the difference for the defense? Any individuals standing out? 

Regression back towards the mean, wildcard team. I think they lose at least 2 of their remaining 4 divisional games in some capacity, and we'll see what happens with the Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos both on the road, and 49ers as to which of those teams shows up on any given Sunday.

I think that Cincinnati, while playing great, has MAJOR depth issues, and if they get dinged up, they could have that bottom fall completely out from under them.

• Like 1

The next two games probably will tell the story of their season. They should win both and be 7-2 going into the bye. That will prevent them from panicking once they inevitably drop some of those tougher games.

So - if they win the next two and go into the by at 7-2, I see them as 11-6 AFC Champs

If they drop one of the next two, I think they'll end up a 9-10 win team and will be a wildcard team.

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Intrigued to see what they do against CLE. Probably robbed of a legit test though, given Baker and ALL their RBs are out. Still, should be a good game.

They ought to blow the doors off NYJ

Meh, Chubb is back to practicing this week and is likely to play, and Baker may also play hurt...so who knows.

13 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

The next two games probably will tell the story of their season. They should win both and be 7-2 going into the bye.

Should...interesting. They may win against Cleveland, but it'll be on the road and the Browns should have Conklin and Chubb back. They might win, but projecting it as a "should" I find interesting.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think that Cincinnati, while playing great, has MAJOR depth issues, and if they get dinged up, they could have that bottom fall completely out from under them.

Can you elaborate? Certainly the depth on the OL is an issue, but I don’t see much elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Can you elaborate? Certainly the depth on the OL is an issue, but I don’t see much elsewhere. 

Sure. Aside from the OL that you mentioned, I don't think they're very deep at all in their Front 7 on Defense, which is a year removed from being a dumpster fire.

45 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What's been the difference for the defense? Any individuals standing out? 

Really we have drafted a lot of smart athletic players that understand responsibilities, and Logan Wilson has made a huge jump this year, he is an Elite MLB this year. We’ve brought in some great FA pieces in Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reader, Larry Ogunjobi, Von Bell, and Chido Awuzie who are all playing at a high level. Jessie Bates continues to be an underrated Elite safety, and Sam Hubbard continues to play great unselfish ball.