Who would you go after?

BigD1123

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Cox would be amazing but he'll be expensive and we'll have to give up a lot. That being said I'm down if we can manage the cap.

Yeah Cox has a $23.7M cap hit next season. Ackiem Hicks has a $6M cap hit the rest of this year and is a free agent next season. 

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Michael Brockers is a more realistic option for the Raiders. His cap number this year is 3 million and way easier for the Raiders to make 1 million in cap space work instead of the 10 million they would need to clear for Cox. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/fletcher-cox-9822/

Where do you see 10M for Cox?

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I think what they saw was the Eagles eating $14.83 million dead cap and his dead cap being $10 for us next year.  That is because his base salary has $10 million guaranteed for next year.  I know the original team is generally on the hook for guaranteed money but I do not think so when  it is in the form of a base salary.  I believe we would be the ones to pay the full $17.1 million because that is his cash owed that year.  We could make it work because this year we would only owe him $500,000 because his roster, restructure, and option bonus has already been paid.  

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we trade Ferrell and/or Mariota how much cap would that free up?

With the same reasoning as Cox that if the team trading the player is responsible for guaranteed money within the base salary we would save $7.5 million but escalate a dead cap hit of $5.2 million for Ferrell for this year.

If you added both deal together I believe it would cost us $3.2 million extra this year and we would only be on the hook for $17.1 million next year for Cox with a dead cap risk of $10 million.

Edited by drfrey13

Just now, drfrey13 said:

If you added both deal together I believe it would cost us $3.2 million extra this year and we would only be on the hook for $17.1 million next year for Cox with a dead cap risk of $10 million.

Akiem Hicks, Trey Flowers, or Michael Brockers seem like cheaper, more realistic options.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Akiem Hicks, Trey Flowers, or Michael Brockers seem like cheaper, more realistic options.

I am not saying who I thought we should trade for but just trying to clear up the cap questions.  I have been asking for Hicks for a few years but like Wright he might have a decreased impact because of age.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I am not saying who I thought we should trade for but just trying to clear up the cap questions.  I have been asking for Hicks for a few years but like Wright he might have a decreased impact because of age.

Hicks would really be a short term solution but he's cheap and we'd only be committing to him for the rest of this season. Flecther Cox hasn't been productive this year either and is like 4-5x more expensive then Hicks.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That 17.3M cap commitment next year scares me. He'll be 31 this season and only has 1 sack, 1 QB hit, and 1 TFL. I'd love Leonard Williams though even with his expensive contract.

It doesn't look like any of it is guaranteed next year.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Hicks would really be a short term solution but he's cheap and we'd only be committing to him for the rest of this season. Flecther Cox hasn't been productive this year either and is like 4-5x more expensive then Hicks.

I pounded the board for Wright and I would support Hicks also.  I do think Hicks would cost more this year than Cox.  Hicks would cost $5.2 million the rest of the year.