Who would you go after?

BigD1123

Who is even realistically available?  

@big_palooka mentioned "winning moves" in here.  I would like to see a move that shows the rest of the team we are all in.  Trading for a no name, or depth isn't that to me.  A guy like Cox, or X would be the move I would want.  Those are moves that indicate the FO is full belief that this team is real.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Totty said:

@big_palooka mentioned "winning moves" in here.  I would like to see a move that shows the rest of the team we are all in.  Trading for a no name, or depth isn't that to me.  A guy like Cox, or X would be the move I would want.  Those are moves that indicate the FO is full belief that this team is real.  

Cox is one of the best in the game but that contract is an albatross. We need to maneuver if we want to try and get him. It’ll cost at least a 2nd imo. Which is worth it if he’s under the books. If he’s not it isn’t.

On 10/31/2021 at 1:55 AM, raidr4life said:

I'd trade Cle for OT Andre Dillard straight up and see what Cable can do with him at RT. could work out for both teams.

That's an interesting one and really a kind of no-lose trade. Ferrell is not really having any appreciable impact and has a fairly high cap hit. Dillard has underwhelmed too and moving from one side to the other isn't straightforward but at the moment we have very little contribution so that is well worth the gamble IMO especially if we trust Cable can coach up and develop him. Heck, it would be worth it if he even became a high quality OG as we're getting nothing right now from Ferrell.

I'm not sure how the cap hit works in relation to a guaranteed contract but I think there's about a 5 million difference between the two, would we save that against the cap even if the money is guaranteed?

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I'm not sure how the cap hit works in relation to a guaranteed contract but I think there's about a 5 million difference between the two, would we save that against the cap even if the money is guaranteed?

No, we'd only save the difference between their base salaries.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:59 PM, Totty said:

Michael Brockers seems to be a guy we could afford that could help us this year.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Are we going to make any moves?

I hope so. Unless we absolutely plan on falling flat, this Draft class is severely underwhelming where we have real needs and with the slot I think we'll be picking in. 

As I don't think we plan on falling flat, it's bartering time, imo. Throw some picks/Ferrell/whoever and try and get a piece or two that could put us over the top. We have a window right now, it would be a shame not to act like it.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I hope so. Unless we absolutely plan on falling flat, this Draft class is severely underwhelming where we have real needs and with the slot I think we'll be picking in. 

As I don't think we plan on falling flat, it's bartering time, imo. Throw some picks/Ferrell/whoever and try and get a piece or two that could put us over the top. We have a window right now, it would be a shame not to act like it.

It's more about trading away than trading for. Hopefully we can deal Ferrell somehow