Rams, WR DeSean Jackson mutually agree to seek trade

RaidersAreOne

i bet he wasn't supposed to be wr#4. i bet mcvay had a great plan for desean.
but than came the camp and desean and stafford never connected. it never clicked.
kupp, sure
van,sure

heck, stafford raved about skrowonek in camp.
no noise about him and desean. never.

you just can't force it.

they drafted tutu in the second round, who is the blueprint backup for desean.
would you do that if desean was supposed to be wr#4? no way.

plus i find it very intersting that a couple days prior to the desean news mcvay publicly critizies tutu atwell.
something mcvay never did in 5 years but one time. that was jared goff. and the moment mcvay called him out he was history in la.
i bet they try to move tutu aswell.

they want the money to get a guy like, i don't know, maybe marcus maye. we need a s who can cover. atleast better than rapp who isn't a fit for a fangio d.

i think the will put a pick on desean to move him.
a 6th and desean for a 7th and and 1 million dollars we can use for a trade.

If this was happening in the league like 3 or 4 years ago, he'd have a market.

Right now? With the league absolutely loaded with WR talent, a lot of them not even getting signed, I can't see anywhere where he'll be anything more than a 4th WR, best case scenario is #3, in a couple places. 

Not sure that's what he's hoping for. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Colts or Chargers seem like logical fits.

How are the Chargers giving him any more snaps/touches than he's getting in the Rams?

Keenan, Mike Williams, Ekeler, Jared Cook, Parham... He would have a similar role to Guyton's, but he's also buried in the targets list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

How are the Chargers giving him any more snaps/touches than he's getting in the Rams?

Keenan, Mike Williams, Ekeler, Jared Cook, Parham... He would have a similar role to Guyton's, but he's also buried in the targets list.

Why list Parham? He has 9 targets in 6 games. 

Mike Williams/Keenan/Ekeler don't exactly have the best track records of staying healthy. If they do go down, then at least you have someone who can make a big play. 

Edited by Jeezla

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

So he has made 88 mil in his career strictly on contracts without any endorsements. Not sure a 1.25 mil incentive of playing 50% snaps is going to be that big of a deal for him but maybe I am wrong

Yeah especially when he signed with us it was him coming home to "cement his legacy" Can't think of a better way to do that than to try to win a super bowl in your home town. But I also get wanted as much money as you can in your mid3 0's with his injury history.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He'd rather go to a worse team and get more targets then chase a potential Super Bowl? Yikes.

It’s a money thing. Picking the bag over the contention. Don’t most players do this every offseason?

• Like 1

With Brown and Miller out, the Bucs are one Evans injury away from needing him, but I doubt the Rams would ever send him that way.

I just don’t see why he would ever want to leave LA, you’re 34 and ringless, just play your role and be ready to step up when/if injury takes out Woods or Krupp.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

With Brown and Miller out, the Bucs are one Evans injury away from needing him, but I doubt the Rams would ever send him that way.

I just don’t see why he would ever want to leave LA, you’re 34 and ringless, just play your role and be ready to step up when/if injury takes out Woods or Krupp.

This all makes perfect sense but has Deseans demeanor or attitude over the years ever given you the impression he thinks I'm the 5th best WR/option for any team? His Ego is to big to comprehend the fact it might just be the truth.

Typically the case when players who should of retired continue to play well past their primes. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

14 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

maybe because it's not desean who wants out of la but the rams wanna move him because they need the money and roster spot?

Edited by Rrrrrrrams