Rams, WR DeSean Jackson mutually agree to seek trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

What did he expect when he came to LA? That he’d usurp Kupp/Woods/Jefferson/Higbee and get al of the attention? If DJax wasn’t on a snap count he’d probably be on IR right now. If he wants to leave then I wish him luck.

Seriously. That was my first thought. How did you not know you'd be the #4 WR when you signed with us?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Seriously. That was my first thought. How did you not know you'd be the #4 WR when you signed with us?

In his defense, I could see him expecting to be the #4, but not expecting Van Jefferson to out snap count him by over 3 to 1. Between the snaps forfeited by Everett and Reynolds, it could've seemed like 50% was a realistic expectation.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

In his defense, I could see him expecting to be the #4, but not expecting Van Jefferson to out snap count him by over 3 to 1. Between the snaps forfeited by Everett and Reynolds, it could've seemed like 50% was a realistic expectation.

50% was never a realistic expectation.

27 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He's about to be 35 years old in a month and it's hard to rely on posts, corners, and fly routes at that age like he did 10-15 years ago.

Who would've thought being a one-trick pony became harder as you get older?

He's actually still very effective on the deep routes. Stafford has missed him a few times. Problem is that he's not a guy we want to rely on to play every down. He's a situational player for us.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's actually still very effective on the deep routes. Stafford has missed him a few times. Problem is that he's not a guy we want to rely on to play every down. He's a situational player for us.

He's not a guy any team wants to rely on at this stage. He's an old player with a limited skillset who is only good for one or two long catches a year and doesn't offer anything you can't find in any random FA/draft with the exception of veteran experience.

10 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He's not a guy any team wants to rely on at this stage. He's an old player with a limited skillset who is only good for one or two long catches a year and doesn't offer anything you can't find in any random FA/draft with the exception of veteran experience.

Eh, he's more than a JAG. He's just not reliable enough to be more than a situational deep threat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, he's more than a JAG. He's just not reliable enough to be more than a situational deep threat.

Only 15 games, 31 catches, 600 yards, and 4Tds in the last 3 years is the definition of a JAG to me. Especially when you break those numbers down and realize the majority of those extremely low numbers came in week 1 in 2019 when he caught 8 of those 31 catches, 150+ of those 600 yards, and 2 of those 4 TDs. Take away that one game and it's gets ugly.

Personally I would much rather save that extra WR spot for younger talent with more upside.

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I have to think he and McVay talked about his role prior to him signing....and I was thinking all along that we'd save him for the playoffs. Weird.

I'm sure when the deal was structured in the manner in which it was, Desean/Agent was told or an assumption was made if healthy,  playing time/snaps wouldn't be an issue. Therefore making his 💰 wouldn't be either.

Edited by Nabbs4u