Post Game Thoughts. Cowboys.

cconocool

Probably for the first time in quite some time, I have no argument against anything that has been said in this thread.  What I saw last night was wholly unacceptable and the entire organization as a whole should be thoroughly embarrassed.  The offensive and defensive game-plans were a disaster.  Offensively, it looked like they were still game-planning against the Detroit Lions and defensively, they fell apart in the 2nd half after losing Hunter.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

What I saw last night was wholly unacceptable and the entire organization as a whole should be thoroughly embarrassed. 

Mostly par for the course for the Vikings when they play in prime time. I remember one prime time game under Zimmer where they didn't pee down their leg.

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

More coaching ineptitude. 

The game plan should have never changed just because Cooper Rush played instead. 

Did they say the game plan changed? 

Either way no matter who they prepared for,  the game plan should have included covering the Cowboys receivers

How do you forget you called a timeout when it wasnt even a few minutes after? You lack that much focus you forget something like that. That quote right htere if I was the owner would make me chuckle a little and start making phone calls to get Zim in my office you cant lack that much focus when youre the HC of a professional football team

Also have the Vikings under Zim ever put together a complete game? Where the Offense is on fire and clicking same with the defense and special teams, Its always one of the other with him as the HC thats right there is a sign that hes inept when it comes to coaching.

8 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Also have the Vikings under Zim ever put together a complete game? Where the Offense is on fire and clicking same with the defense and special teams, Its always one of the other with him as the HC thats right there is a sign that hes inept when it comes to coaching.

They are very few and far between.

Seattle was our closest this year and even then the 1st quarter was a mess.

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Two things that Zuni Wilf hopefully realized during this game;

1.) Mike Zimmer can no longer remain the head coach. 

2.) Kellen Moore is the guy he needs to hire to replace Mike Zimmer.

I just hope like heck we get a young-ish, offensive minded head coach who can bring this team in the 21st century. 

Moore, Leftwich, Brady, Daboll, etc.

35 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Play the younger guys see what we have and try and trade Michael Pierce and Dalvin Tomlinson to acquire draft capital? We arent doing anything this year especielly with Danielle out.

Why’d Zimmer and Spielman do this knowing they won’t have a job if they don’t turn this around. At 3-4 they can still make a run is the mindset you’d expect from a NFL head coach fighting for his job. Unless Spielman has unquestioned job security, no way they sell off vets. I’d expect the other way around if anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Why’d Zimmer and Spielman do this knowing they won’t have a job if they don’t turn this around. At 3-4 they can still make a run is the mindset you’d expect from a NFL head coach fighting for his job. Unless Spielman has unquestioned job security, no way they sell off vets. I’d expect the other way around if anything. 

Which is why Zimmer should be fired and the edict from mgmt should be to play new guys and see what we’ve got. 

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I’m not even a fan of selling off vets. This team has a ton of talent. It is just not being utilized correctly. 

New vision, new leadership, a new philosophy is what’s needed. 

• Like 1