The AFC is Buffalo’s to lose

Slingin' Sammy

Think the Bills get it done barring injuries to Allen or multiple key players. Patriots are a dark horse though. KC is trash. Raiders gonna give back some ground. Chargers may regroup but not a contender this year.

Baltimore is the next favorite.

Just a trash year in the AFC period.

The only way the NFC champ doesn’t win the SB is if they are so beaten up by the competition en route.

4 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Yea it's wild how people are saying Allen or the Bills O has regressed LOL. They are the #1 offense in the NFL and Allen is on pace for 4500 passing yards, 47 total TDs, 7 INTs and 700 rushing yards. Idk if it's media driven but Bills fans are used to this with Josh Allen vs the media / blue check marks. 

He's also completing 4% fewer of his passes while throwing for .6 yards less per attempt. The bulk only holds up because they're throwing 4 more time per game and it's a 17 game season. It has definitely been less efficient and consistent this season.

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

He's also completing 4% fewer of his passes while throwing for .6 yards less per attempt. The bulk only holds up because they're throwing 4 more time per game and it's a 17 game season. It has definitely been less efficient and consistent this season.

I mean Allen had a pretty average/bad week 1 and week 2 but in his last 5 games and since the beginning of the season he has a 68.5% completion %, a 8.4 YPA, while adding 17 TDs to 2 INTs. Which would best his 2020 averages.

I think by the end of the season you'll see more Josh Allen from weeks 3-8, then 1-2.

On 11/2/2021 at 4:27 AM, Yin-Yang said:

The best team halfway through the season isn’t often the one that gets to the SB.

They’re the odds on favorite right now, though. 

I feel like 2016-18, maybe 2019 as well if you thought the Chiefs were the best, the best team at the halfway point of the season did - in fact - make the Super Bowl.

9 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I feel like 2016-18, maybe 2019 as well if you thought the Chiefs were the best, the best team at the halfway point of the season did - in fact - make the Super Bowl.

I don’t think that was exactly the case in 2017 or 2018.

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I don’t think that was exactly the case in 2017 or 2018.

The Eagles and Rams were both pretty widely regarded as the best in the NFC by halfway through those seasons IIRC. Eagles were picked with the best roster in the league in 2016 and 2017 both, and Carson Wentz was the league MVP halfway through the year while they had what, one loss? Two? The Rams were the same way. They had like three guys in MVP conversation, a hall of fame defensive coordinator, the most dominant interior defensive lineman ever, a fantastic secondary, one of the best offenses in football, and people were already circling the Rams-Chiefs Mexico City match-up by the end of September. They were very clearly the best in the NFC well before the halfway point of the season and anyone who thought otherwise was fooling themselves. A step above the Saints and the rest.

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

The Eagles and Rams were both pretty widely regarded as the best in the NFC by halfway through those seasons IIRC. Eagles were picked with the best roster in the league in 2016 and 2017 both, and Carson Wentz was the league MVP halfway through the year while they had what, one loss? Two? The Rams were the same way. They had like three guys in MVP conversation, a hall of fame defensive coordinator, the most dominant interior defensive lineman ever, a fantastic secondary, one of the best offenses in football, and people were already circling the Rams-Chiefs Mexico City match-up by the end of September. They were very clearly the best in the NFC well before the halfway point of the season and anyone who thought otherwise was fooling themselves. A step above the Saints and the rest.

ESPN Week 8 Power Rankings, 2017. Top two teams made the Super Bowl.

ESPN Week 8 Power Rankings, 2018

Bleacher Report Week 8 Power Rankings, 2018 Rams are first in both, made the SB. The Chiefs are second, and were an off-sides away from the Super Bowl, so...

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

2019 Chiefs were 5-3 with Matt Moore starting at QB at the midpoint.

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Saying the Saints weren’t seen as the same class as LA in 2018 is straight revisionist history, IMO. If we’re giving guys credit for things, NO actually had an MVP candidate that received votes in Brees, two of the best offensive players at their positions in Kamara/MT, and 8 games into their season, they had a win vs the Rams. Pretending like the Rams were in a class of their own is very much incorrect, IMO. In the AFC, KC was the odds on favorite and did not get there.

As for the year before, I don’t think much was separating Philly from Minnesota/NO/LA. Philly had a single loss and the power rankings will reflect that, but they also had a pretty favorable schedule to that point and lost against the only quality opponent they played. 

I don’t think the NFC, in either season, had a team running away with the conference. The AFC was a bit more of a closed off race for the most part, but the NE dynasty isn’t exactly a standard to be used as precedence.