Week 8 Overreactions: The "Mike White is the best QB in the NFL and it's not even close" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Thing is, I've seen this defense get very good and very disciplined - so I can't ignore that potential.

Had Jameis been healthy, I'd give you the schedule. I don't see a QB room of Trevor Simiean, Tayson Hill and Ian Book making anything easy for anyone (except the opposing defense). Even with an easy schedule and a Kamara/Ingram backfield, the Saints are in trouble.

If the Saints make a phone call and get a guy like Gardner Minshew or Nick Foles, they're still in it (edit: I'll even add Tua in there). If the Saints shock the football watching world and get Deshaun Watson... they're the Super Bowl favorites now (and for a few seasons afterwards).

I'd rather have Taysom Hill than either of those QBs tbh. His arm is average, but its good enough with his mobility. The Saints have won with Taysom in the past, I'm not really worried. He just needs to manage the game and let the defense/run game win the games.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I'd rather have Taysom Hill than either of those QBs tbh. His arm is average, but its good enough with his mobility. The Saints have won with Taysom in the past, I'm not really worried. He just needs to manage the game and let the defense/run game win the games.

I've seen enough of Hill to say the Saints are picking top 10 with Hill starting multiple games.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I've seen enough of Hill to say the Saints are picking top 10 with Hill starting multiple games.

I feel like thats a bold statement when they went 3-1 with him as a starting QB last year. They just beat the Bucs with Trevor Siemien, thats the best team they have left on the schedule. You're way underestimating the rest of this roster.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I feel like thats a bold statement when they went 3-1 with him as a starting QB last year.

They won in spite of him, not because of him. With a full half season of prep from other teams, I absolutely do not see anything close to 3-1.

This is also a guy coming off a significant concussion, so expecting him to recapture that same magic from that four game sample is a very tall task - you're now asking a guy who primarily runs to not run as much and use his head (which is now not processing as efficiently as before) to make reads and executive game plans.

That's not exactly a recipe for success, regardless of what was done last season.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

They just beat the Bucs with Trevor Siemien, thats the best team they have left on the schedule. You're way underestimating the rest of this roster.

I'm not underestimating it, I'm estimating exactly where it is - a very good team held back by potentially very bad QB play. The defense will keep games close, Kamara/Ingram can get some offense going - but I don't think it's enough when you don't have a passable QB under center.

We'll find out at the least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

They won in spite of him, not because of him. With a full half season of prep from other teams, I absolutely do not see anything close to 3-1.

This is also a guy coming off a significant concussion, so expecting him to recapture that same magic from that four game sample is a very tall task - you're now asking a guy who primarily runs to not run as much and use his head (which is now not processing as efficiently as before) to make reads and executive game plans.

That's not exactly a recipe for success, regardless of what was done last season.

I'm not underestimating it, I'm estimating exactly where it is - a very good team held back by potentially very bad QB play. The defense will keep games close, Kamara/Ingram can get some offense going - but I don't think it's enough when you don't have a passable QB under center.

We'll find out at the least.

They beat a top 3 team with their 3rd string QB, saying theyll flounder significantly enough to pick in the top 10 is a huge overreaction.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

They absolutely could. They're a better team. Bucs have Tom Brady of course, but the defense is bad and they're undisciplined. Saints have a decently easy remaining schedule and they own the Bucs...in the regular season at least.

So if they’re the better team then pick them to win the division 

Edited by CP3MVP