Week 8 Overreactions: The "Mike White is the best QB in the NFL and it's not even close" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'm not upset, I'm just telling you you're wrong and you're underplaying home field advantage... by a pretty big amount.

I don't sig bet, but I'm willing to sig bet Saints go 0-3 in those games I mention.

You went on a rant because I think Tampa Bay is better than Dallas and Buffalo. Its an odd reaction, because I'd say Tampa can certainly be argued as the best team of the 3. I'll take that sig bet, although I have no way of making you a sig for when you lose. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Saints were missing Michael Thomas. Both teams have injuries. Overcoming them is a part of football. 

Saints have been missing Michael Thomas all season - AB and Gronk we're HUGE parts of their offense this season.

You're not this obtuse. Stop being that guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Saints have been missing Michael Thomas all season - AB and Gronk we're HUGE parts of their offense this season.

You're not this obtuse. Stop being that guy.

The Saints have been running Kevin White at WR. I don't care how integrated they were in the offense, Thomas not playing is FAR more significant. Tampa still has two top 15 WRs to throw the ball to. Laughable comparison.

Also, Gronk started the game and was a non-factor. Davenport abused him on a pass rush.

Edited by MookieMonstah

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Saints have been running Kevin White at WR. I don't care how integrated they were in the offense, Thomas not playing is FAR more significant.

No it isn't because if it was, the Saints would be completely inept without him (especially given he wasn't around during last season when they went 12-4).

Thomas was/is not nearly as important as you're making him out to be - if he was, the Saints wouldn't have been successful last season.

Just now, ET80 said:

No it isn't because if it was, the Saints would be completely inept without him (especially given he wasn't around during last season when they went 12-4).

Thomas was/is not nearly as important as you're making him out to be - if he was, the Saints wouldn't have been successful last season.

That doesn't even make sense. The Saints were good without Thomas so therefore he clearly isn't good. He is a top 10 WR and the Saints have dog poop at WR right now and it has absolutely effected the passing game. The Bucs receivers are loaded with or without AB/Gronk. Stop it dude.

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That doesn't even make sense. The Saints were good without Thomas so therefore he clearly isn't good.

Please show me where I said that. I said the Saints offense is as good without him, not that he isn't good. The Saints O kept on going without him for nearly an entire season, so while he's good, he's not exactly the key guy making this engine run.

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Bucs receivers are loaded with or without AB/Gronk. Stop it dude.

Never said they weren't, but you're pretending that Brady's best RZ target coming off of injury isn't significant and doesn't impact the next game (in Tampa, no less).

Let me explain it as such - NO beat TB in NO, without Gronk, AB and MT. In TB, Gronk should be back and AB will be back, MT will not be back.

So, why do you think the results will be the same with all of those differences? What about this makes it not as hard as this first game?

17 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Saints have been running Kevin White at WR. I don't care how integrated they were in the offense, Thomas not playing is FAR more significant. Tampa still has two top 15 WRs to throw the ball to. Laughable comparison.

Also, Gronk started the game and was a non-factor. Davenport abused him on a pass rush.

Considering he's played a grand total of 8 games in almost 2 calendar years, you might as well say the Saints missing Drew Brees is more significant too. Talking about missing Thomas at this point is laughable. Can't miss what's never around.

They've gone 11-6 without him. He's clearly not THAT crucial to the Saints' success. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Please show me where I said that. I said the Saints offense is as good without him, not that he isn't good. The Saints O kept on going without him for nearly an entire season, so while he's good, he's not exactly the key guy making this engine run.

Never said they weren't, but you're pretending that Brady's best RZ target coming off of injury isn't significant and doesn't impact the next game (in Tampa, no less).

Let me explain it as such - NO beat TB in NO, without Gronk, AB and MT. In TB, Gronk should be back and AB will be back, MT will not be back.

So, why do you think the results will be the same with all of those differences? What about this makes it not as hard as this first game?

Most recent reports I've seen are that Thomas should be back in the next couple weeks.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I would assume MT is back for that game.

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

The Patriots once went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as their QB...

...this 11-5 season coming after said Patriots were a David Tyree catch away from going undefeated.

So, that was a pretty good team around him.