Week 8 Overreactions: The "Mike White is the best QB in the NFL and it's not even close" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

2 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Turf fields are another one on the long list of reasons why we know the NFL doesn’t give a damn about player safety 

I agree with this 200% - surefire way to complete obliterate a knee, running on that stuff constantly.

This being said, some of these grass setups aren't any better. I will contend that Jadevion Clowney lost about 3-4 years of his career because of shoddy field conditions in Houston; They used to use interlocking grass pallets, but the interlocking part of the pallet was exposed - it was like stepping into a divot, if you're going full speed and you hit that interlock, your knee was bending in a weird position - and you'd potentially blow something out. Clowney hit one of those interlocks and boom, knee was injured. Clowney needed microfracture surgery shortly after.

Look at Clowney, Wes Welker, Demeco Ryans - all suffered catastrophic injuries on that pallet grass, completely ruined their legs. It wasn't until someone sued the Texans (Texans former P, can't remember his name) that the team changed over - to plastic grass-style turf.

So, from one problem to another...

44 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

No use dude is a super homer and rational does not exist.

Saints don't have a QB I think their best bet is to find out what they are going to do next season in that regard because this one isn't going very far.  Some of their guys are getting older in defense like Cam Jordan who isn't the guy he once was a few years ago.  I guess Saints may believe Jameis is that guy I'm not really sure.

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Saints don't have a QB I think their best bet is to find out what they are going to do next season in that regard because this one isn't going very far.  Some of their guys are getting older in defense like Cam Jordan who isn't the guy he once was a few years ago.  I guess Saints may believe Jameis is that guy I'm not really sure.

Super homer? I’ve literally never even interacted with you and I rarely comment anywhere outside the basketball forum, so you can go take a nap bud.

5 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

MookeMonster has always claimed to not be a Saints fan but a Pats fan (yet almost never posts about the Pats and can always be found hyping up the Saints).

So I guess he can’t be a homer 🤷 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That person must already be rich enough that 1G isn't crap to them and they were just throwing darts at the board.  It may or not be true but I have a hard time believing anyone placing that bet otherwise.

I usually feel that way about most bets. 

That said, Cincy's pass D is pretty laughable. I'd make that bet against them this week too, except I'd be betting on Mayfield which is always a mistake lol