Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You guys are probably right, Zay Jones is a legit starting WR who can produce 700 yards and 8 TD per season. Greg Olson was just keeping him hidden away for this exact opportunity.

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

You can't rationalize with someone who 

1. Presents out of context stats(some that aren't even accurate)

2. probably going to switch tomorrow if theyre wrong

3. Switch perspectives halfway through the week

4. Accuses you of saying stuff that you didn't say

5. Put you on the "do not reply list" when they get embarrassed

It's the same pattern every time

@ronjon1990

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You said Zay Jones can be a 700 yard/8 TD player. We haven't had any WR other than Agholor produce those numbers since we've acquired Zay in 2019. Why hasn't Olson used Zay more if he has the talent to out produce what any other WR we've had?

On 11/5/2021 at 3:35 PM, Jeremy408 said:

Remember we traded Zay Jones midseason to learn one of the most dense offenses in the NFL According to players who have played in it. Plus I think I mentioned earlier that he's 26 now which means that he was 23 when he joined our team. That means that he still fairly young player and could've actually gotten better. Sure as heck looks better than he did in 2019 no one can argue that. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Ironically, when he's gotten on the field this year and has had his number called, he's produced very nicely. 

Now he gets a chance to prove he's an NFL starting caliber player when we have no one else to play against one of the worst teams in the NFL vs one of the worst defenses in the league. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ironically, when he's gotten on the field this year and has had his number called, he's produced very nicely. 

I'll be the first to say I did not like him on the bills I didn't think we should've resigned him. But no one can deny that when the ball has been thrown his way this season, good things happened. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Exactly. Dude notoriously changes his stance week by week depending on what actually occurs. 

He also mistook "catch rate" for "snap count"...except that Zay Jones has never had 5 straight games with a 100% catch rate either. 

He literally has no f'n clue what he's talking about, he's just spitballing as usual.

😂

49 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Zay Jones is the 5th option on this offense so what would good production look like from the 5th option?

Given his is to replace Ruggs' physical status on the field (not his entire production, despite what some apparently think expectations are for him):

I'd like to see 6 or 7 targets thrown his way, see him haul in at least 4 or 5 depending on the nature of said targets (are they deep shots? Double coverage? Wildly inaccurate?) and have something like 65-80 yards and a TD. 

He's basically our defacto deep threat right now, so if he hauls in 1 or 2 of those, I'm cool with it. 

Production other than stat line: does he get down field and does he do enough to force the DC to adjust and account for him as a legit threat? 

If he winds up with 2 catches and 10 yards, but the Giants can't crowd the LOS because he's running good deep routes and forcing them to respect the deep ball, that I'm cool with too. 

Nobody expects a t-i-t for tat replacement of Ruggs' production, but Zay can have a sparse stat line and still be productive so long as one doesn't simply box score scout. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2