Week 9 GDT: Titans @ Rams

TitanLegend

I still really don’t know what to think about the Rams.  I did not have them as a elite team coming in.  Even with Stafford and two high quality receivers I don’t think their offense is explosive enough to match some of the elite teams.  There D though makes them a tough out at any time.
with this game  Stafford is good but he can be effected by pressure our specialty. But can we stop the run early to put them in third long enough to keep them from just moving up and down the field.  We are know for bend not break so do we make plays in red zone to keep them to FG.  On O can we make plays in red zone with out Henry to get TD not FG

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

We dominated the Bucs, and handed the Giants their worst loss and were up on the Texans 38-0 before pulling everyone, the same team that nearly beat the Patriots who just beat the Chargers.

So that's always a slippery slope, with the who beat who game.

We're definitely beatable, but I think the problem for the Titans is that with the Miller trade and this being a primetime game, the environment is going to be pretty crazy. Hard to see the Titans stopping us and hard to see them consistently moving the ball.

But I know counting the Titans out has always been dangerous, so while I think we should win fairly easily, it might not happen that way.

You guys will appreciate our uniform color scheme Sunday Night...

Oh yeah, it's not to try to belittle any win, but just to say it's not the 85' Bears Domination and that there are some ways the Rams can be beat. The odds are very much against us and rightly so. 

Just thinking that we have a chance opposed to no chance. 

Lol

I can only imagine the uniform choice. lol

football-super-bowl-xxxiv-st-louis-rams-

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 6:27 AM, KingTitan said:

The moment you concede a game to me it sends a message that will be hard to recover from.  You tucking your head in a shell like a scared turtle. It goes against everything the team is preaching.

Next man up. Fight until the end. Scratch and claw and find a way. 

Not we lost a guy so let's just sit down until our bruises feel better. 

Agreed. A lot of loser mentality from some fans. But if there's one thing Vrabel is good at, it's making sure the team does not give up.

I think we could be a surprise upset... or it could get ugly. But I don't understand giving up on a game before it is played.

PFF said we have "the second highest coverage grade" on their podcast today. They didn't specify if it was season long or not. Monday I saw that we allowed the lowest YPA on pass plays.

We've still allowed a lot of points and I believe a lot of passing yards. Not quite sure what to expect from this defense. Teams definitely throw against us a lot, which may be why we do well in efficiency, but look badly in total yardage.

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

PFF said we have "the second highest coverage grade" on their podcast today. They didn't specify if it was season long or not. Monday I saw that we allowed the lowest YPA on pass plays.

We've still allowed a lot of points and I believe a lot of passing yards. Not quite sure what to expect from this defense. Teams definitely throw against us a lot, which may be why we do well in efficiency, but look badly in total yardage.

They have our coverage grade at 78.6, which is 2nd in the league according to them behind Buffalo's 89.7.

Byard's coverage grade alone is probably carrying that pretty hard though, as he has the 2nd best safety coverage grade at 90.0, only to Jordan Poyer's 91.1, and they're the only two safeties over 300 snaps with coverage grades above 80.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

They have our coverage grade at 78.6, which is 2nd in the league according to them behind Buffalo's 89.7.

Byard's coverage grade alone is probably carrying that pretty hard though, as he has the 2nd best safety coverage grade at 90.0, only to Jordan Poyer's 91.1, and they're the only two safeties over 300 snaps with coverage grades above 80.

Are their team coverage grades just an average of everyone's coverage grade or do they say? I'm assuming it's going to be weighted by coverage snaps as well.

Detroit played us really tough by dominating both lines of scrimmage (read: we didn't think we really needed to show up for the game).

The Titans being the best team in the AFC (I'm completely confused as to how people are saying they're not right now), how fired up the players will be with the addition of Von Miller, and the game being in primetime (LA fans are fickle but against the Bears it was very loud, I expect it to be louder Sunday Night) all sort of works against the Titans here because the Rams will definitely be pumped up and ready to play here.

There's a bit of a talent disparity too - so it's hard to see the Titans winning the game.

But the way to go is absolutely by running the ball. Shorten the game, frustrate our defense by converting third downs. Keep out of third and longs.

Defensively....just have to do something that really only Arizona has come close to doing, which is to pressure Stafford without blitzing.

But the Titans also thrive in these situations, so I can see why some of y'all are like "**** it we'll win this"

10 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

But the Titans also thrive in these situations, so I can see why some of y'all are like "**** it we'll win this"

it's pretty much all we've got! lmao. whatever happens, we can usually count on a vrabel coached team to go down swinging against a favored team

• Like 1