Week 9 and trade deadline

WizardHawk

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Well he is likely going to prison for manslaughter, so at least a couple years until he can get an early release. Just my guess, @The_Slamman would probably have better insight. 

I hope @The_Slamman provides some details about how this will affect Ruggs moving forward. But after reading up on the current details, I have a lot less sympathy for him than I had for him this morning. How are you driving so reckless to the point where you cause someone else's car to burst into flames when you hit them. I'm glad Ruggs was cut and he is going to jail for a long time. The Raiders wiped him from their existence in less than a day. His NFL career is probably over.

The only reason I say Ruggs has even a small chance to come back to the NFL is because he's 22. He stayed at the scene of the crime, is a first time offender and will probably get a lenient sentence (2-6 years). After doing his time in prison, repenting and getting therapy (his mental state is a huge concern) over this tragedy, I think Ruggs could be a strong public advocate with the NFL against drunk driving (ala Cris Carter).

We know more players are going to do stupid stuff like this speed and get DUIs in the future. Maybe having Ruggs speak about his story to NFL rookies in the future will finally drive the point home that it's not worth it.

Edited by Tony7188