2021 Week Nine GDT MNF Steelers host Da Bears!!!!!!

Steeler Hitman

I saw somewhere that someone had Freiermuth ranked in the top 10 of rookies this year. I know people are still going to rip the Steelers for not addressing the OL with a higher pick, but the draft is also about the future. In the present, those two have been fantastic.... but imagine getting a Wyatt Teller/Connor Williams at RG and then spending draft capital on LT. All of a sudden -- those two dudes are going to pop even more. 

Last week we saw it on the injury report after the bye and this week comes with a little more prep time for Monday....but I like Ben being an "LP" on the first day of the week. I think it's needed. Next week being a short week, I expect that to change, but the following week I will be curious to see what he gets listed as on Wednesdays. 

It's such a crucial position that even a limited participation level can help immensely. 

10 minutes ago, 43M said:

Good news:   Im pretty happy with what Im seeing from Najee.

Bad news:  Tomlin's moronic approach to RBs will run him into the ground within 5 years.

RB2 needs to addressed next yr. claypool and Johnson rank number 2 and 3 in rushing yards on this team. Johnson only has 1 carry. find another DeAngelo Williams/blount type vet and actually give them carries.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 43M said:

Good news:   Im pretty happy with what Im seeing from Najee.

Bad news:  Tomlin's moronic approach to RBs will run him into the ground within 5 years.

In a weird way I prefer it...giving a 2nd contract to a RB who is already 23 and will be looking for a new deal at 27/28 makes no sense.

Run him into the ground and get a 2nd 3 down capable RB like @August4thsaid for depth and a breather...whether it’s a mid round pick or vet FA like Mike Davis or similar.

Edited by AFF

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

Would we expect Tre Norwood to move to the outside next year?

I think he'd really have to make a big jump. He's been surprising this year, but the jump from part time slot cover guy to boundary CB is a big one. I think Sutton has a better chance of taking another step than Norwood. No offense to Norwood intended.

• Like 1