2021 Week Nine GDT MNF Steelers host Da Bears!!!!!!

Steeler Hitman

maxresdefault.jpg

Who: Da Steelers host Da Bears

When: Monday Night Football 11/8/2021 @ 8:15 pm

Where: Heinz Field

Series History: Dominated by Da Bears 19-7-1. Bears have won the last (3) three games including a 23-17 OT win in chi Town back in 2017. The Steelers run defense was on hiatus that game. Bears ran for more than 200 yards. 

66rdf2fq7w771.jpg

Steelers rushing attack took flight in Cleveland and they will need another heavy dose of ground and pound versus Da Bears.djtkeutqyidqumy0heps.jpg

Najee is starting to separate from the field. He and the OL was a major reason the Steelers pulled out a win in Cleveland.

wkxlbuyuchmiiczbgjvx.jpg

Don't look now, but the Steelers OL has improved over the past few weeks. They did a solid job protecting Big Ben and they opened holes for Najee. 

GettyImages-152657795-775x465.jpg

Steelers need to be a little more disciplined with the holding and pre snap penalties on offense.

pqgbtggabzijegwimlnc.jpg

There's a new sheriff in town at TE. 

nrj4ggktqyq7e80q3xcb.jpg

Steelers defense has not been stellar, but have forced some timely turnovers and made key stops. Consistency will be a key in preventing rookie Justin Fields from hurting the Steelers with a big play via his arm or legs.

1350468006.jpeg

The Bears put a beating on the Steelers the last time both teams played a prime time game back in 2013. Different teams and one common factor in Big Ben. Ben threw for 400 yards in the loss and the Steelers dropped to 0-3. I am hoping that the Steelers are trending in a different direction. The Bears match up well with Pittsburgh and is typically a pesky nemesis for the Steelers.  1286195449.0.jpg

History aside, I think the Steelers play ugly as usual, but pull out a win over the rookie leading the Bears offense. Steelers come out pumped up and hold on for a hard fought 26 - 19 win. Boz hopefully is back! 

6-1 all time in the color rush.  Tomlin is 1-3 vs the Bears.  Ben is 1-1.

I want to say the Bears are too bad to lose to but I felt that last time when they started Glennon.  I think the big difference between now and then is we are a much better balanced team top to bottom despite the anemic offense.  Back then if it weren't Bell and Brown nothing happened.  The defence was still sucks-city.

• Like 1

This would typically be a classic Tomlin trap game.

However, we simply arent a good team, and could lose this straight up.   OR, we could possibly take a game like this more seriously than we usually would and have a good game.

I expect it to be much like the Browns game....close, low scoring and pretty damn boring.

29 minutes ago, warfelg said:

This is such a copy and paste statement for every game this year.  Keep it filed for the next 10 weeks.

Monday at work, the first thing a coworker said to me was "That was an ugly win".

My response was, "With this offense, every win will be ugly".

Then I saw a bunch of people bashing the Steelers for the Melvin Ingram trade, saying he was worth much more to us than a 6th rounder and that trading him to KC could bite us in the playoffs....as if THAT will be the reason we will lose. 

This season just needs to end so we can hopefully make some much needed changes.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

saying he was worth much more to us than a 6th rounder and that trading him to KC could bite us in the playoffs....as if THAT will be the reason we will lose. 

Wait....what?  He wants out then when other teams say that's what his value is, his response is "shoulda kept me?"  Damn I'm glad he's gone.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Wait....what?  He wants out then when other teams say that's what his value is, his response is "shoulda kept me?"  Damn I'm glad he's gone.

Ha....I meant some Steeler fans were saying we shouldve kept him.   

Im not happy with Ingram either.   He knew his role when we signed him.    He expected more play even though he hardly did anything after preseason and week 1.

I thought he was going to be an amazing signing.   :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

I thought he was going to be an amazing signing.   :(

Me too man, me too.  I thought other than the amount of dead money created for next year Colbert put together a strong squad for the most part.  Then the Groin Gang happened.  Then everyone buy Heyward on defense suddenly forgot how to do anything.  Tuitt has been MIA and things have been too quiet (man I remember calling to trade him and keep Gravedigger....).  Ben looks all of 39 out there.  Juju wrecks his shoulder.

I gotta say the overall trash state of the roster, this has been some of Tomlins best work to keep it at 4-4 (getting your kicker concussed not withstanding) (why do that with no backup plan) (Why wasn't he coached by Smith to throw it away if nothing is there) (Why wasn't there a flag).

• Like 1