Who are your top 5 WRS of all time?

mdonnelly21

Since 2004x (when I started watching)...

1a. Randy Moss /// 1b. Terrell Owens

2. Antonio Brown

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Calvin Johnson

5. Steve Smith Sr

Julio would be next, and Hopkins after that. Steve Smith Sr's triple crown season was in my first year or so watching, so it left a big impact on me.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 1:53 PM, mdonnelly21 said:

I just don't feel like Julio was quite on the level of AB either. 

AB is a top 10 WR. 

Julio is probably about a top 15. 

Julio wasn't nearly as consistent for years, lacked Touchdowns. AB in his Pitt years was the most consistent year in and year out WR I've ever watched. 

Clearly more than Calvin and even more than T.O and T.O is my 3rd best WR. 

He wasn't as consistent?

LOL What?

From 2014 to 2019 he had over 83 catches and 1394 yards every season. He's the only player in NFL history to have 5 straight 1400 yard seasons. That's ridiculous. 

Antonio Brown wasn't as consistent as Julio was during his 2013-2018 seasons where he had 5 years of 106 catches and 1284 yards per season. Julio wasn't just as consistent as AB, he was more explosive with 20 more first down catches and 18 more 20+ yard catches. This idea that Julio wasn't nearly as consistent makes no sense at all. Julio wasn't just "as good as" AB. He was better. Clearly better.

And touchdowns are a function of the offense and the playcallers. When the play callers focus on running the ball inside the 5 instead of passing it, that causes touchdowns to not be forced to the No. 1 receiver. And Atlanta would use Julio as a decoy in the red zone and guys like Calvin Ridley, Tevin Coleman, Devonta Freeman, Austin Hooper, Roddy White and Mohamed Sanu would get those red zone touchdowns instead. 

14-18

Brown: 76 games 576 catches 7,646 yards 59 TDs 67.1 rec%

Jones: 77 games 524 catches 7,994 yard 31 TDs 64.5 rec%

Then include that Brown dropped less passes, yeah, give me Brown all day. The NFL agreed, giving him 4x 1st Team All Pro's, while Julio got 2.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:39 PM, Bullet Club said:

14-18

Brown: 76 games 576 catches 7,646 yards 59 TDs 67.1 rec%

Jones: 77 games 524 catches 7,994 yard 31 TDs 64.5 rec%

Then include that Brown dropped less passes, yeah, give me Brown all day. The NFL agreed, giving him 4x 1st Team All Pro's, while Julio got 2.

That's literally just as consistent. Brown got the all-pro nods for TDs. Not consistency. 

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

That's literally just as consistent. Brown got the all-pro nods for TDs. Not consistency. 

It will be interesting how both end their career, Julio I think has some left in him if he can stay healthy.  Brown if he was not playing with Tom Brady would possibly not even get a chance in the league, but lucky for him Tom likes him so he has a job.  

Had to add this gem about Antonio Brown's song, a comment on youtube...

"If I had a nickel for every time you said “whole Lotta money” I would have a whole lot of money."

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

He got them because he's better.

TDs are a function of the offense. Not player talent. The Falcons would use Julio as a decoy in the red zone to fake out the defenses and then throw it to Sanu, Ridley, White, Gonzalez, literally anyone else. Or they’d run it in against a 7 man front. That’s not AB being better. That’s the offense changing in the red zone. Also why the Falcons didn’t score as many TDs as they could have. 

On 11/16/2021 at 10:59 PM, scar988 said:

TDs are a function of the offense. Not player talent. The Falcons would use Julio as a decoy in the red zone to fake out the defenses and then throw it to Sanu, Ridley, White, Gonzalez, literally anyone else. Or they’d run it in against a 7 man front. That’s not AB being better. That’s the offense changing in the red zone. Also why the Falcons didn’t score as many TDs as they could have. 

This is simply an excuse. He scored barely half as often as Brown did during that period, and that's because Brown is better.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

This is simply an excuse. He scored barely half as often as Brown did during that period, and that's because Brown is better.

The entire Steelers red zone offense ran through Brown. The Falcons had more than just Brown or Bell like the Steelers did. They had other talented players during that period. Roddy White, Tevin Coleman, Devonta Freeman, Mohamed Sanu, Austin Hooper. All of them would vulture TDs.

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The entire Steelers red zone offense ran through Brown. The Falcons had more than just Brown or Bell like the Steelers did. They had other talented players during that period. Roddy White, Tevin Coleman, Devonta Freeman, Mohamed Sanu, Austin Hooper. All of them would vulture TDs.

Building an offense around a guy because he's that good is not a weakness. You couldn't even admit Brown was a better route runner, which was blatantly obvious. You overrate Julio and Ryan dramatically so I don't care if you don't agree.