Week 10 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, pf9 said:

I'm just trying to prove how silly it is that not only can NFL games end in ties when no other league allows it, but also both teams are not guaranteed a possession in NFL OT no matter what like in college.

its a more accuate representation of W/L/T record though, as to how well a team played

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

Yes I am

Looks like they just changed their rules last year (sorry, not a hockey fan), so I wasn't aware of the tie rule anymore. Regardless...every sport is unique, and just because the others do it one way, doesn't mean they all should. I mean, should MLB start doing a home run derby once they get to the 11th inning or something? Or the NBA just start playing PIG once they get to the second OT? I like the individual OT rules for each sport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

should we require equal possessions in regulation?

Yes. And each team has to start at the 20 yard line. And they have to call the same amount of plays, run the same routes, and each player must be the same height and weight as the player opposite of him. 

• Like 2

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

It's the best live sports entertainment and has the most intense playoff tournament.

By far.

College hockey is also a great time.

100% agree games live are so much fun along with the TV experience, So few commercial breaks is hard to beat compared to the NFL where its a commercial every couple minutes it feels like

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Yes. And each team has to start at the 20 yard line. And they have to call the same amount of plays, run the same routes, and each player must be the same height and weight as the player opposite of him. 

also, each city should be equally desirable for free agents to go.

• Like 2

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Equality of outcome in every sense. Beautiful...

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

should we require equal possessions in regulation?

Nope. 

I would entertain OT being treated more as an extension of the 4th quarter and possession starting on the yard/down that the 4th closes on though. Keep sudden death, imo. They should've never instituted the FG rule. 

If the team on D has a problem with it, stop them and get the ball back.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Nope. 

I would entertain OT being treated more as an extension of the 4th quarter and possession starting on the yard/down that the 4th closes on though. Keep sudden death, imo. They should've never instituted the FG rule. 

If the team on D has a problem with it, stop them and get the ball back.

Teams would exploit that so hard