Garoppolo to San Francisco

Apparition

16 minutes ago, Starless said:

I hate this move. I understand why they did it but I hate that it had to be done because I truly think JG is going to be an all-pro caliber QB.

I'm more or less in the same boat. Hate is a strong word, and I think we got the right compensation for him, but I truly wanted him to be the successor to Brady. 

1 hour ago, dhunt2402 said:

Something I really wouldn't hate is if the Pats use the pick they got from SF to take Baker Mayfield. I have a really good feeling about that guy at the next level.

I wouldnt be surprised if Baker works his way to the 1st round. Not a ton of competition in the QB class this year

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I wouldnt be surprised if Baker works his way to the 1st round. Not a ton of competition in the QB class this year

Eh, i don't know. No matter how successful outliers Wilson or Brees were, I'm pretty sure most GMs and coaches still think a QB starts at 6-2 (however silly this sounds), so I think at least some teams will rate some 6-5 scrub higher than him. Which is fine by me, as I'd have no problem with the Pats picking him in round 2 or below.

16 hours ago, Starless said:

The post-Brady hangover is going to suuuuuuuck.

The Matt Cassel year was frustrating but it'll be nothing compared to what this team will face once he either leaves or falls off the cliff. 

Would be compounded if BB hangs them up at the same time. When we lose Brady, we absolutely have to have a few more Belichickian years, for our sanity. Imagine going from the best team in the last 20 years to the Buccs, or something similar. Lucky to get .500. Please stay, Bill.

14 hours ago, everlong said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-bill-belichick-said-when-the-49ers-asked-if-tom-brady-was-available-for-trade/

""Did you just ask me if I would trade Tom Brady? ... Did you just ask if I'd trade the greatest quarterback of all time?""

I hope BB has that much faith in TB. I did but this past week has really made me think of the organization as more human. Nothing wrong with it but it was nice just saying trust the process and just incase we have a future QB in the wings.

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Would be compounded if BB hangs them up at the same time. When we lose Brady, we absolutely have to have a few more Belichickian years, for our sanity. Imagine going from the best team in the last 20 years to the Buccs, or something similar. Lucky to get .500. Please stay, Bill.

I'm not worried about the post-Brady/Belichick era. Bill will have the future set up.

Archived