49ers Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo

GW21

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Nice to see what an NFL arm looks like. And he can actually throw a screen pass accurately. Damn... I think Kyle is going to have some fun, once we improve the cast around him.

Agreed, some of those highlights were things we haven't had in years...pocket awareness, accuracy, fitting balls into tight windows...

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Agreed, some of those highlights were things we haven't had in years...pocket awareness, accuracy, fitting balls into tight windows...

And he's thrown his WRs open. One of the TD throws to Amendola, there was a LB in front of him, and just threw beyond the reach of the LB and forced Amendola to adjust. Now, do we have WRs who can adjust? I feel like Garçon and Goodwin can manage. If Kittle could stop dropping passes, I feel like we have decent chances to put up an interesting offensive gameplan at some point in december.

If this doesnt work out it wouldn't be hard to convince a free agent Kirk Cousins why we made this move to begin with, I wouldnt be surprised if we reached out to Washington and tried to work out the same type of thing. Maybe Bridgewater too. 

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

If this doesnt work out it would be hard to convince a free agent Kirk Cousins why we made this move to begin with, I wouldnt be surprised if we reached out to Washington and tried to work out the same type of thing. Maybe Bridgewater too. 

Don't see how Bridgewater would be in the cards given his gruesome injury. Also, Dan Snyder the most petty man on the planet probably wasn't going to let Cousins and Shanahan kick it out west. 

That’s not really a news flash. Anyone could tell him that. If Shanahan loves one of the college QBs no way he makes the move. We aren’t trading an early second rounder for someone we don’t think is going to start long term. 

Personally, no a big fan of the deal but as others have said, if it works out a second is a small price to pay!

Hope it doesn’t hurt our early first opportunity too much! I’m loving the idea to trade down and get a couple first rounders out of it unless there’s an absolute sure fire game changer CB or pass rusher or LT on the board.  

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Don't see how Bridgewater would be in the cards given his gruesome injury. Also, Dan Snyder the most petty man on the planet probably wasn't going to let Cousins and Shanahan kick it out west. 

Bridgewater is pretty much back according to all reports, Keenum is just balling for them, but yea I doubt theyd really consider it. And Snyder vetoing a trade is exactly why I think we pulled off a trade for JimmyG. Because Kirk is going to leave now and Washington will maybe get a pick around #100 when we just gave up a pick thats going to be 60 spots better. Further proving that Washington's leadership is trash. 

btw i meant to put wouldn't in my earlier comment. 

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

In a couple of years people will be looking back on this trade, thinking the Pats got hosed.

I hope  you're right, but even if you aren't, I don't mind this move. I was willing to give up as much as two seconds (well, one second and a conditional that could be as high as a second) for him heading into the season, so to get him for half that cost is awesome to me. The money on his contract is inconsequential for us, so I don't even have to think about that.. I Think it's high upside with some moderate risk on the early second round pick. I like this trade even more if we pick second and move down so someone can draft a quarterback. 

12 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Bridgewater is pretty much back according to all reports, Keenum is just balling for them, but yea I doubt theyd really consider it. And Snyder vetoing a trade is exactly why I think we pulled off a trade for JimmyG. Because Kirk is going to leave now and Washington will maybe get a pick around #100 when we just gave up a pick thats going to be 60 spots better. Further proving that Washington's leadership is trash. 

btw i meant to put wouldn't in my earlier comment. 

All I know is that Jacksonville better throw all they can at Kirk next year now. With that defense, that run game, competent receivers (and Arob likely coming back, I would assume), that team can be borderline super bowl contenderish

Archived