49ers Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo

GW21

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, that clears up the biggest question we would have had in the offseason. Now we could take the best LT, Barkley or one of the top pass rushers.

After we trade down and gouge someone for picks so that they can draft a quarterback, right? 

I really like this move for the Niners.  You get a promising young QB with your second rounder.  Gives Garoppolo a chance to actually play and show what he's got.  Sitting behind Brady was good for him, but there's really no telling how many more years Brady is going to play.  Great deal for both teams.

So what do you think our potential trade bait options could get us to help get back some of that draft capital? Reid, Staley, Hyde?  Am I leaving anyone else out that might be able to help get something back?

Armstead and Staley’s injuries kind of killed our trade options there, but I wonder if the Eagles could still trade for Staley since he won’t require surgery. 

Now that we got Garoppolo, why exactly would we trade Staley? With him the OL is decent at best, without him it is a dumpster fire. We have two good OL, no reason to get rid of one of them.

We have to address the interior OL early in the draft or in FA. Actually in both. At least give Jimmy G a chance of succeeding. 

7 minutes ago, straighthate said:

So what do you think our potential trade bait options could get us to help get back some of that draft capital? Reid, Staley, Hyde?  Am I leaving anyone else out that might be able to help get something back?

Armstead and Staley’s injuries kind of killed our trade options there, but I wonder if the Eagles could still trade for Staley since he won’t require surgery. 

I think Armstead has a decent chance of being traded during the draft. He needs to be dealt. He doesn't have a role/spot here. 

Staley is going to stay. If he was going to be moved, I think it was going to be this year. His getting hurt killed that. I don't see him getting moved especially now after grabbing the quarterback we hope to be our franchise. Reid seems unlikely to be moved. Teams need safety help, but we just lost Ward, so now we kick him back to safety more than likely. Plus, Reid is one of  the leaders of the protest / anthem thing, and teams are unlikely to want to exacerbate that even further on their team. A team like Hou in particular is out. 

Hyde I have no issue with moving, particularly to a team like Minnesota. But that is going to be very, very minor return. Late round pick and that's it. I have no issues with that though. He'll be a FA after the year, so we can always bring him back. 

Hoping Indy falls in love with Barkley and we fleece them and still get the early first and get back our early second + a bonus for 2019. Then load up on the meatheads on the line because no QB or RB can operate behind what we are trotting out there.

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Now that we got Garoppolo, why exactly would we trade Staley? With him the OL is decent at best, without him it is a dumpster fire. We have two good OL, no reason to get rid of one of them.

We have to address the interior OL early in the draft or in FA. Actually in both. At least give Jimmy G a chance of succeeding. 

Staley’s out til what, probably game 12 or so? If we can get something for him it still makes sense. It’s not gonna make that much difference to the QB at that point and it’s a move for the future. As for the other team, it’s a playoff move. Get Staley for a few games to end the season to get in sync with the line and then help your playoff run. 

3 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Staley’s out til what, probably game 12 or so? If we can get something for him it still makes sense. It’s not gonna make that much difference to the QB at that point and it’s a move for the future. As for the other team, it’s a playoff move. Get Staley for a few games to end the season to get in sync with the line and then help your playoff run. 

Honestly I didn't even know he was going to miss multiple games. Thought he would be fine for this week, but that's likely not to happen.

So is Jimmy G getting the start vs AZ? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly I didn't even know he was going to miss multiple games. Thought he would be fine for this week, but that's likely not to happen.

So is Jimmy G getting the start vs AZ? 

Shefty already said he won't play this week. So i assume the Giants game

Archived