Kyrie Irving requesting trade out of Cleveland

titans0021

Just now, champ11 said:

@CWood21 this forum is so much better forreal. Only compaint so far is being able to jump to other forums easier. I literally go to three and it would take like one click on the last one 

Glad to hear.  Obviously there are some changes to the new forum, but overall the forum is a significant upgrade.  Now it's our turn to return the favor to Webby and create great discussion and spur new posters to sign up.

24 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why would you start Rose over Bledsoe?  Bledsoe is twice as good as Rose, if not 3x better.

That wasn't really the starting line-up, I wasn't sure how you would want to setup the depth chart, I just listed teh PGs off as I thought of them.  I agree I would probably prefer Rose coming off the bench as well to run the 2nd unit once LeBron left the court.

39 minutes ago, champ11 said:

@CWood21 this forum is so much better forreal. Only compaint so far is being able to jump to other forums easier. I literally go to three and it would take like one click on the last one 

You can hide all the other forums you don't use on the home page. I hid all the divisions, makes scrolling easier. But I never used that jump feature on the old forum.

Just now, DalCowboyzRule said:

Honestly wish the Cavs would just take Bledsoe/Warren/MIA pick and be done with it.

That's probably the bare minimum I would start to consider for Irving if a trade had to be made before Training Camp.

@Raves Just depends how bad you think that relationship is between Kyrie and LeBron/Cavs.

Obviously if they can get over it you just keep Kyrie. But if it's bad enough to where they have to do it before camp like you said then I'm not sure if the Cavs can get a better offer.

And if reports from yesterday are to be believed we aren't giving up Josh Jackson.

@DalCowboyzRule I agree it really does depend on how bad the relationship really is.  The Cavs aren't going to just give Irving away, no matter how bad the relationship, Irving won't refuse to play, and LeBron will try to play the victim in the media.  These are things we should probably take as givens, as no matter how badly Irving wants away from LeBron, he won't make himself look even worse by sitting out.  Now if Irving really is that determined to be away from LeBron that he would sit out, then obviously the Bledsoe/Warren/Mia pick is a deal they need to take, but I don't think it's at that point.  Regardless of how frustrated each might be with the other, they will grit their teeth to make sure they get what they want, Irving to a new team and LeBron another title.

Honestly I really liked the initial trade proposed by Bill Simmons and it seems to make sense for everyone, Cleveland gets Bledsoe and Melo, Knicks get Irving and Shumpert, and Phoenix get Frank, Frye(expiring contract), and picks.  This would give Phoenix a young PG and picks for their rebuild, Knicks are able to move Melo and get Irving to pair with Zingas, and the Cavs get a replacement PG and another creator on offense.  This would also allow the Cavs to pursue more meaningful Love trades where they can bring in more depth and defense since they could run with Melo and LeBron on the court at the same time.

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

a blue chip prospect would be necessary to make it happen, IMO.

Orlando is too far away from being good to make it worth it. More interesting for a team like Denver imo bc w Irving they would be a good playoff team

Man would be silly for any bad team to give up a "blue chip prospect" when Kyrie is likely to leave anyway as soon as that deal's up. If he's putting out desired destinations that's pretty much just telling teams dont trade for me or im leaving asap. He's made it easier for teams to get him a trade iyam. 

I dunno if I agree w/ it not being worth for ORL. Gives them direction for the 1st time in ~6 years if they were to get him. Kyrie & Jokic/Mills are an odd fit, no? Adding a superstar obviously makes DEN better, but would be odd to watch those guys play together. I'm all for it though. If ORL doesn't do something, rooting for DEN to get him. 

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

If Orlando doesn't include Isaac then Cleveland laughs at every possible ever Orlando makes.

Who's putting together a substantially better offer that would deem Aaron Gordon, Elfrid, Vucevic, TRoss + Bad salary dump a laughable offer?

3 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Man would be silly for any bad team to give up a "blue chip prospect" when Kyrie is likely to leave anyway as soon as that deal's up. If he's putting out desired destinations that's pretty much just telling teams dont trade for me or im leaving asap. He's made it easier for teams to get him a trade iyam. 

I dunno if I agree w/ it not being worth for ORL. Gives them direction for the 1st time in ~6 years if they were to get him. Kyrie & Jokic/Mills are an odd fit, no? Adding a superstar obviously makes DEN better, but would be odd to watch those guys play together. I'm all for it though. If ORL doesn't do something, rooting for DEN to get him. 

It's really interesting because Kyrie would have to change his game. He'd have to defer to Jokic a lot more - but he would get amazing open looks and opportunities to score. Dude would absolutely light the league on fire if he bought into the offense. This was a top 3 offense without Kyrie and had amazing ball movement. If you slot a shooter/scorer like Kyrie into the offense and it goes smoothly...WOW. And it's definitely possible. Also, the Nuggets were trash closing out games (for a number of reasons) and Kyrie would really change that along w Millsap. 

But if Kyrie wants to stay in ISO and go full mamba mentality? Could crush what the Nuggets have going. And Kyrie/Jokic PnR's would get freaking killed. And you obviously have to give up at least one of Harris/Murray and they love those guys. So idk man I'm actually very torn on the whole situation 

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It's really interesting because Kyrie would have to change his game. He'd have to defer to Jokic a lot more - but he would get amazing open looks and opportunities to score. Dude would absolutely light the league on fire if he bought into the offense. This was a top 3 offense without Kyrie and had amazing ball movement. If you slot a shooter/scorer like Kyrie into the offense and it goes smoothly...WOW. And it's definitely possible. Also, the Nuggets were trash closing out games (for a number of reasons) and Kyrie would really change that along w Millsap. 

But if Kyrie wants to stay in ISO and go full mamba mentality? Could crush what the Nuggets have going. And Kyrie/Jokic PnR's would get freaking killed. And you obviously have to give up at least one of Harris/Murray and they love those guys. So idk man I'm actually very torn on the whole situation 

Kyrie's an MVP candidate in Denver probably, but yeah bro pretty much thinking exactly what you said. Could be super fun or could definitely hinder what makes DEN so watchable. Well nah they'd be mad watchable either way, but could hinder their style for sure. 

As long as CLE doesn't trade him to MIN I won't be mad. 

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

They'd also give up a billion points a game 

ehhh PG defense is overrated if we're being honest. Millsap + solid man defenders at the wings would at least pass it for being ho-hum if they got a decent system in place. Unless Millsap is dropping off laterally/fast twitch muscle fibers dissipating. 

I don't think DEN pulls off a Kyrie deal, but if he committed to moving it, would be top 3 most watchable team in the league if they're somehow able to make that happen. 

Archived