Bears 2022 Wide Receiver Watch

soulman

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Good player but that is a lot of money to invest when you have Juedy & Hamler in the wings...looks like Courtland Sutton will be a FA.

Why is it some teams can so easily restock at WR that they can allow a guy like Sutton leave in FA while we have trouble even getting two NFL caliber starters on the field at a time.  When is the last time we had two top WRs both of whom were our own draft picks?

If my memory serves me well it may have been Marty Booker and Marcus Robinson more than 20 years ago.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

@Madmike90 Yeah man, Williams isn't falling

Williams is playing great no doubt...but again he is also playign with a ton of talent and being asked to run some really basic stuff...in saying that if he doesn't fall he hopefully pushes someone else down the board for us...lots of great talent out there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Williams is playing great no doubt...but again he is also playign with a ton of talent and being asked to run some really basic stuff...in saying that if he doesn't fall he hopefully pushes someone else down the board for us...lots of great talent out there.

Get Fields his old OSU hook up Chris Olave.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That's why it's a dream

I don't know, man. Trevis Gipson continues to impress me. He had a VERY good game today. Almost made a spectacular play that may have changed the entire course of the contest. 

My point? We trade Mack, and who knows what possibilities that opens up. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know, man. Trevis Gipson continues to impress me. He had a VERY good game today. Almost made a spectacular play that may have changed the entire course of the contest. 

My point? We trade Mack, and who knows what possibilities that opens up. 

We aren't trading Mack and shouldn't trade Mack.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We aren't trading Mack and shouldn't trade Mack.

I love Mack.

They absolutely should trade him--provided they can get much for him...which I totally suspect would be the case. 

Free up money for Roquan. Continue the rebuild. 

Also, trade Jackson for whatever you can get. Eat a bunch of salary, if you have to. Get him the **** out of Chicago. That enormous contract is as big of a mistake as the Trubisky+Mack strategy. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I love Mack.

They absolutely should trade him--provided they can get much for him...which I totally suspect would be the case. 

Free up money for Roquan. Continue the rebuild. 

Also, trade Jackson for whatever you can get. Eat a bunch of salary, if you have to. Get him the **** out of Chicago. That enormous contract is as big of a mistake as the Trubisky+Mack strategy. 

It wouldn't free up money...it would go to the dead cap...

Not only that but ask the Raiders how successful trading away a HoF edge rusher is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It wouldn't free up money...it would go to the dead cap...

Even next season? Isn't the team more flexible with that contract then?

Either way, if you can get a good package, you do it. 

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Not only that but ask the Raiders how successful trading away a HoF edge rusher is.

The Bears would have Quinn and Gipson, and would draft some other guy. I'm fine with that. 

It's harder to envision a short-term plan to get to the Super Bowl with Mack, than with what he could get you in draft capital. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Even next season? Isn't the team more flexible with that contract then?

Either way, if you can get a good package, you do it. 

The Bears would have Quinn and Gipson, and would draft some other guy. I'm fine with that. 

It's harder to envision a short-term plan to get to the Super Bowl with Mack, than with what he could get you in draft capital. 

$27 million in dead cap in 2022...$14.6 million in 2023...a trade of Mack isn't happening.

Mack should retire as a Bears.  Given his contract there is no way we'll ever get value for him vs the dead cap we'd eat.  His last restructure was like a nail in his cleats nailing him to the Bears roster forevermore.  Besides, the guy is one of the top ten best defenders in the NFL.

• Like 1