Week 11 GDT: The Eagles vs Saints: Will the Plant Man Ever Win at Home?????

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

How brave of you Pete. Respect.

Also, Hurts still isn't the guy long term and will likely be a stop gap for the next year(but I hope he proves me wrong).

There is such a race for every coach, player and draft pick to be the first to declare him an abject failure and I just don’t get that attitude.

Is there a prize for being the first to hate something? 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

There is such a race for every coach, player and draft pick to be the first to declare him an abject failure and I just don’t get that attitude.

Is there a prize for being the first to hate something? 

You always seem to conflate hatred with thinking something isn't good. It is extremely odd and really makes me confused on how you feel about players you think aren't good. 

We are here to discuss football. Our QB is a significant part of our football team. People are going to look for different things in what they want/don't want in players. Lots of people on this site were saying this offseason that Lamar is STILL not a good QB. Does that mean that all those people hate him? Or are they just expressing their opinion on a player who has an unconventional skill set? If we all just said "Well, let's wait and see on this player before we come to a conclusion" for the first 5 years of every players career.... we would have almost nothing to talk about outside of GDT's. 

Imo, Hurts hasn't really done much the past four weeks to change my mind on what he is. He had a great first half vs the Broncos, but played quite poorly the second half. In the other games he was really not asked to much through the air. He made some good throws, he made some bad throws. Yes, he is making plays with his legs, but what happens when a legit good team comes to town and forces him to throw by either scoring on our defense or stopping our run game? Do you trust Hurts to make the plays necessary this year and in the next 5-10 with his arm when teams take away his legs? So far I don't. Do I think he deserves a starting spot next season if we close out the season strong? Yes. Does that mean I think we will give him a second contract? Right now I would say hopefully not.

Embrace discussion. Trying to shut it down constantly with "you hate anything you say isn't good" is freaking lame.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if it's the Mahomes effect, but it's like every QB is being held to that standard and if you don't measure up, you suck?

Would any of you take Lamar Jackson as your QB? How about a young Cam? Because right now, that's pretty much where Hurts falls into a QB category wise. 

He will never be Rodgers, Brady, Marino. However this idea some of you have that it's impossible for him to improve as a passer is mindboggling to me. He's Started 15 gms in his NFL career, 15!

So he doesn't have the arm strength of Josh Allen, it sure as hell isn't that of say a Chad Pennington or something. So Hurts , like most young QB's needs coaching, needs work done to his mechanics.  Ala Josh Allen miraculous 360° change during last year's MVP race.

Fans need to temper expectations. Stop assuming every draft pick is the next GOAT. Allow players to grow before damning them to Purgatory as the next great bust.