Week 11 General Discussion Thread

notthatbluestuff

On 11/23/2021 at 3:30 PM, Jeezla said:

I think he gets another year if they get a new staff and GM. New GM might not want to risk his career on Carson Strong or Matt Corral or Kenny Pickett, so they can say "lets see what DJ looks like without Joe Judge", and then confirm he stinks over the course of next season. 

If Gettleman somehow keeps his job, I think he drafts a new QB or trades for Russell/Rodgers (they have their own first and the bears likely top 10 pick). If Gettleman keeps his job and he keeps DJ... then they deserve to be terrible.

Imo that's the smart thing to do. It's what I thought the Jets should have done this past off season. A rookie QB should only be brought in after a team has put a good o line together and the coach/coordinator have implemented and smoothed out there play calling designs with a veteran QB.

The best option for the Giants may be to, once the Watson stuff is cleared away in the off-season, trade their two high firsts for him.