Week 11 General Discussion Thread

notthatbluestuff

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Soooooooo, Daniel Jones is getting cut and the Giants drafting a new QB next year, right?  Or do they wait a year and let DJ take all the hits next year and get their guy in a better QB class in 2023?

I think he gets another year if they get a new staff and GM. New GM might not want to risk his career on Carson Strong or Matt Corral or Kenny Pickett, so they can say "lets see what DJ looks like without Joe Judge", and then confirm he stinks over the course of next season. 

If Gettleman somehow keeps his job, I think he drafts a new QB or trades for Russell/Rodgers (they have their own first and the bears likely top 10 pick). If Gettleman keeps his job and he keeps DJ... then they deserve to be terrible.

36 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Jets signed an unvaccinated QB who just got their QB room on the COVID list lmao

It’s refreshing, no matter how frustrating, to watch an organization that’s a bigger train wreck than the Browns at handling the quarterback position. Truly cathartic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Soooooooo, Daniel Jones is getting cut and the Giants drafting a new QB next year, right?  Or do they wait a year and let DJ take all the hits next year and get their guy in a better QB class in 2023?

Them firing Jason G is basically a 7 game audition to see if Jones can be salvaged (he can’t because he’s always been lousy).

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Got to be at least one blown route, surely? 

It's definitely some kind of mesh concept. I'm assuming both inside guys should be running crossers at varying depths. But, at best, you have one of those two guys on crossers running to the wrong depth (they should definitely not be that close to colliding, they definitely should not have both gone behind the zone defender), and the route run by the outside guy on the QB's right at the play's start makes absolutely no sense whatsoever (it looks like some kind of inside curl?) You can do an inside curl with a mesh concept, but that WR would need to run that route way more vertical, and he should be much deeper than both of the crossers. Like, you could have the crossing routes at like 3 and 5 yards, and the curl at 10. The curl can be an option if all the LBs inside try to rush outside to cover the crossing routes. I'm less inclined to think anyone ran the wrong route as much as just no one ran to the right depth whatsoever. That's on the players, but that's the kind of thing you just don't see in well-coached teams, IMO. Because at least two guys had to mess up. If we assume one guy ran to the correct depth, you have two in the wrong spot. This is the kind of thing where, one guy doesn't know how to run his route correctly, it's probably that guy. Two or more don't, that's got to be coaching.

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It's definitely some kind of mesh concept. I'm assuming both inside guys should be running crossers at varying depths. But, at best, you have one of those two guys on crossers running to the wrong depth (they should definitely not be that close to colliding, they definitely should not have both gone behind the zone defender), and the route run by the outside guy on the QB's right at the play's start makes absolutely no sense whatsoever (it looks like some kind of inside curl?) You can do an inside curl with a mesh concept, but that WR would need to run that route way more vertical, and he should be much deeper than both of the crossers. Like, you could have the crossing routes at like 3 and 5 yards, and the curl at 10. The curl can be an option if all the LBs inside try to rush outside to cover the crossing routes. I'm less inclined to think anyone ran the wrong route as much as just no one ran to the right depth whatsoever. That's on the players, but that's the kind of thing you just don't see in well-coached teams, IMO. Because at least two guys had to mess up. If we assume one guy ran to the correct depth, you have two in the wrong spot. This is the kind of thing where, one guy doesn't know how to run his route correctly, it's probably that guy. Two or more don't, that's got to be coaching.

Yeah I agree it looks like Mesh was the original intention. Could it maybe also be a drive but the receivers both ran the shallow route?