Week 11: Miami at NY Jets

KimuraGod

49 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I guess I am the only one behind this move to Flacco. I mean look, is he great? Of course not. If he past his prime? Absolutely. Is he an NFL QB? Yes. Is he the ONLY NFL QB on our roster? Perhaps.

The GM traded for him, what are we supposed to do not play him? We have a rookie who can't play in this league yet (hopefully it is just yet, and not ever), a journeyman 26-year-old who had one epic game and then the typical epic fail to follow that up, and a 35-year-old journeyman who is fourth string for a reason. And we are complaining that the coach has gone to Flacco? 

If Flacco throws picks on Sunday, would that really be any different than anybody else we have had under center? 

The defense is terrible, absolutely. But would it be THIS bad with Carl Lawson, Vinny Curry, Lamarcus Joyner and Marcus Maye playing? 

It's funny, everybody wanted a rebuild here. Everybody embraced the losing and said it is necessary. Everybody said this was going to be a long long process. Well, apparently it is not nearly that long if we are already ready to dump Saleh and the coaching staff. Are you also ready to dump Wilson and look for another starting QB? Because it is basically the same thing. Either you embrace the rebuild (which I never really have, I don't believe in rebuilding in the NFL) or you don't. 

Flacco is a statue, no question. The lack of mobility places even more pressure on the O-line. However, he will also probably eat a few sacks instead of throwing picks. Baby steps. He might also get Corey Davis and Elijah Moore playing to their capabilities. The deep ball should be there much more with Flacco under center.

I don't know, guys. Make up your minds. Do you want to rebuild or do you want to start over (AND rebuild for the umpteenth time)? If Saleh goes, then Douglas should definitely be gone with him. And then the starting QB decision is once again up for grabs. Which it probably should be, because I have not seen a worse QB in this league this season than our very own No. 2. 

I just find it harsh to judge the head coach when most of his key pieces on defense are missing.  

You NEVER should have traded for him. You had plenty of time to get a vet back up. Now this GM and coach are trying to justify playing a guy you could have had during the summer. Yes it is stupid to play a 36 year old QB who has no future here. He has nothing to show or offer. Mike White should be starting. He did well but ran into a buzz saw with the Bills D. You should see if Mike White can at least be a good back up or maybe the starter still. So many people want to give Wilson a pass on a lot of his bad games and White can't get one on 1 bad game. 

5 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I guess I am the only one behind this move to Flacco. I mean look, is he great? Of course not. If he past his prime? Absolutely. Is he an NFL QB? Yes. Is he the ONLY NFL QB on our roster? Perhaps.

The GM traded for him, what are we supposed to do not play him? We have a rookie who can't play in this league yet (hopefully it is just yet, and not ever), a journeyman 26-year-old who had one epic game and then the typical epic fail to follow that up, and a 35-year-old journeyman who is fourth string for a reason. And we are complaining that the coach has gone to Flacco? 

If Flacco throws picks on Sunday, would that really be any different than anybody else we have had under center? 

The defense is terrible, absolutely. But would it be THIS bad with Carl Lawson, Vinny Curry, Lamarcus Joyner and Marcus Maye playing? 

It's funny, everybody wanted a rebuild here. Everybody embraced the losing and said it is necessary. Everybody said this was going to be a long long process. Well, apparently it is not nearly that long if we are already ready to dump Saleh and the coaching staff. Are you also ready to dump Wilson and look for another starting QB? Because it is basically the same thing. Either you embrace the rebuild (which I never really have, I don't believe in rebuilding in the NFL) or you don't. 

Flacco is a statue, no question. The lack of mobility places even more pressure on the O-line. However, he will also probably eat a few sacks instead of throwing picks. Baby steps. He might also get Corey Davis and Elijah Moore playing to their capabilities. The deep ball should be there much more with Flacco under center.

I don't know, guys. Make up your minds. Do you want to rebuild or do you want to start over (AND rebuild for the umpteenth time)? If Saleh goes, then Douglas should definitely be gone with him. And then the starting QB decision is once again up for grabs. Which it probably should be, because I have not seen a worse QB in this league this season than our very own No. 2. 

I just find it harsh to judge the head coach when most of his key pieces on defense are missing.  

Douglas has done his part relatively well for the most part. Some hits, some misses. 

Your last part is hilarious though because our old coach was judged harshly with all the missing pieces he had on offense. But when you don’t like a guy, you don’t like a guy. 

I'll say what the difference in our team than teams that win are these mid round picks. We need guys to step up on defense and have drafted guys with valuable picks in JDs time that we should be getting good play out of based on their draft spot. Ashtyn Davis is awful. Zuniga is awful. Sherwood is bad. These are spots that where these guys have had opportunity (which for young players is 1/2 the battle) and they crapped the bed when given the chance. Good teams get quality starters in this draft range. We get guys that we cut in a few years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll say what the difference in our team than teams that win are these mid round picks. We need guys to step up on defense and have drafted guys with valuable picks in JDs time that we should be getting good play out of based on their draft spot. Ashtyn Davis is awful. Zuniga is awful. Sherwood is bad. These are spots that where these guys have had opportunity (which for young players is 1/2 the battle) and they crapped the bed when given the chance. Good teams get quality starters in this draft range. We get guys that we cut in a few years. 

True, but we are also getting decent contributions from later round picks and UDFA's.  I also think Davis would look a little better if we had more talent on D like a pass rush.  Zuniga is a bust, even for a day three pick.  Sherwood along with Pinnock I was livid over considering who was still on the board.  Marshall should definitely be getting more PT over Shepherd.

We all knew our D was going to suck considering the heavy investment in O during the last two drafts.  Couple that with injuries to key players, poor scheme relative to our players and stubbornness by the coaching staff and, voila - a perfect storm a blazing hot cow dung on D.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:02 AM, xrade said:

True, but we are also getting decent contributions from later round picks and UDFA's.  I also think Davis would look a little better if we had more talent on D like a pass rush.  Zuniga is a bust, even for a day three pick.  Sherwood along with Pinnock I was livid over considering who was still on the board.  Marshall should definitely be getting more PT over Shepherd.

We all knew our D was going to suck considering the heavy investment in O during the last two drafts.  Couple that with injuries to key players, poor scheme relative to our players and stubbornness by the coaching staff and, voila - a perfect storm a blazing hot cow dung on D.

Umm no. We should have been in the middle of the road if not top 20. Saleh is suppose to be this guy that can make a great D out of any group. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Saleh is suppose to be this guy that can make a great D out of any group. 

Hence the reason for mentioning the coaching staff’s poor scheme and stubbornness.  I was certainly not fooled into thinking Saleh could turn this talent deficient squad into a top D especially with the injuries. 

16 hours ago, xrade said:

Hence the reason for mentioning the coaching staff’s poor scheme and stubbornness.  I was certainly not fooled into thinking Saleh could turn this talent deficient squad into a top D especially with the injuries. 

It’s one thing to be realistic and know he wasn’t going to make wine out of water. But to be the worst defense in the nfl is a whole other story. No one is an expert at anything if you’re the worst in the business at what your an “expert” at. Heck… at least Bowles had the defense not dead last.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s one thing to be realistic and know he wasn’t going to make wine out of water. But to be the worst defense in the nfl is a whole other story. No one is an expert at anything if you’re the worst in the business at what your an “expert” at. Heck… at least Bowles had the defense not dead last.

100% agree. This D should not be dead last let along one of the worse D in NFL history. If they have another 4 games like the last ones you have to say this is the worse D in NFL history. That means any clown could have done equal or better.

52 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we are all saying the same thing here. The coaching staff has this D playing at less than expected considering we have a lot of the same players as last year when we looked a bit better. My point was also that I was not expecting anything too decent but I was certainly not expecting this embarrassment.

I don’t wear my Jets paraphernalia out in public. I am ashamed and do not want the pity looks. Some guy put a dollar in my coffee cup a couple of weeks ago while I was standing there and told me all will be OK. 

53 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

100% agree. This D should not be dead last let along one of the worse D in NFL history. If they have another 4 games like the last ones you have to say this is the worse D in NFL history. That means any clown could have done equal or better.

I have to agree with both you two on this post. Our defensive has not shown one spark at all this season, I know our defense coming into season was a huge question mark, but never thought it would be the worst in our history. They gave up 175 points in the last four games.