Will Saints land Malcolm Butler before trade deadline?

whodatworm23

1 minute ago, SWATcha said:

Didn't see it. I'd be lying if I said I don't miss having 2 top tier WRs though. 

Same, I wanted Landry bad when I first heard he might be traded.  

Losing Cooks is one thing, but we've basically lost Cooks and Snead both.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yes, but their flub was hilariously incompetent.

It's now coming out that it wasn't the Browns fault, that was just on NFL Network. They didn't really expand though.

Even if it was the Browns fault, I think the bigger mistake would've been giving up a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron. xD

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

It's now coming out that it wasn't the Browns fault, that was just on NFL Network. They didn't really expand though.

Even if it was the Browns fault, I think the bigger mistake would've been giving up a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron. xD

Yes, either way they screwed up.  

Also, Hue Jackson seems to think they didn't do enough to land Jimmy G.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Also, Hue Jackson seems to think they didn't do enough to land Jimmy G.

Yeah, that’s pretty clear, Hue.

Browns have all the firepower in the world for trades, if they couldn’t land someone they wanted it’s their own damn fault.

I feel bad for Browns fans. What a terrible existence they’ve had.

35 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Browns have all the firepower in the world for trades, if they couldn’t land someone they wanted it’s their own damn fault.

1-23, need a QB badly, bungle two QB trades in truly incompetent fashion.

8 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Browns owner needs to call his buddy Payton Manning and say... "Look P, i just fired everyone in the front office... I need you man. These fans bout to kill me!!!"

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Browns owner needs to call his buddy Payton Manning and say... "Look P, i just fired everyone in the front office... I need you man. These fans bout to kill me!!!"

Peyton said "if you buy the Saints from Benson, then maybe we have a deal" :D

14 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Same, I wanted Landry bad when I first heard he might be traded.  

Losing Cooks is one thing, but we've basically lost Cooks and Snead both.

While the loss of Cooks does kind of stink. Surprisingly enough, Ted Ginn has been a very solid replacement so far this season. Ginn is on pace to finish the season with 962 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns (Cooks best year was 1173 receiving yards, and 8 touchdowns on wayyyyy more targets). Given the fact that we signed him for next to nothing to replace Cooks, I'd say he's been a pretty good deal, and we were able to get Ramczyk who looks like he's going to be a good OL for years to come. 

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

While the loss of Cooks does kind of stink. Surprisingly enough, Ted Ginn has been a very solid replacement so far this season. Ginn is on pace to finish the season with 962 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns (Cooks best year was 1173 receiving yards, and 8 touchdowns on wayyyyy more targets). Given the fact that we signed him for next to nothing to replace Cooks, I'd say he's been a pretty good deal, and we were able to get Ramczyk who looks like he's going to be a good OL for years to come. 

I'm not saying I didn't approve of the trade, i'd rather have Ramczyk anyway, but that's two of our top receivers we have lost.  Ted Ginn has been playing well, like I knew he would with Brees and Payton, but Cooks is still the better player.

54 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm not saying I didn't approve of the trade, i'd rather have Ramczyk anyway, but that's two of our top receivers we have lost.  Ted Ginn has been playing well, like I knew he would with Brees and Payton, but Cooks is still the better player.

Better player. Yeah that's true. Better player worth the contract he's about to get compared to Ginn. Nope. Ultimately he's not that much better than Ginn and I'd imagine Snead will also be getting more involved with the offense in the coming weeks, so I wouldn't say we lost him

6 minutes ago, livinspree said:

Anyone know why PJ Williams hasn't been on the field...??? he's better than Crawley from my observations. 

No he is not.

I think it's because the Saints have been running Vaccaro in the slot instead.

Archived