GDT BaltimIRe Ravens @ Chicago Bears

DreamKid

The Good, The Bad and The Fraudulent

The Good

• Justin Tucker - That's the tweet
  • Tyus Bowser - Oh wow, the real sack daddy all this time?
  • Greg Roman - He didn't call a stupid game and Huntley missed a few throws
  • The Ravens escaped

The Bad

• Wink Martindale - It's like the Ravens find new ways each passing day to spite themselves and Wink's defense is starting to age like milk
  • #78 - I don't even know who this man is that I had to call him out separately before the next section
  • Offensive Line - How many sacks they give up? 15? If it was less than that, still feels like 15 (Sacks given up was 5)
  • Chris Westry - Like, what the hell was that? Just let the man go right passed him uncontested
  • Poor tackling as usual

The Fraudulent

• Ravens time management was suspect at best to me today - Was going a little too slow for me during hurry-ups and Freeman was the goofy play before the half
  • Andrews had a really good day - However, as I said before he's been prone to come up short in big time situations. @AFlaccoSeagulls  noticed this as well, but still a hell of a day from Andrews and I guess I'm nitpicking a little

I'll never apologize for a Ravens win, but this definitely felt like a loss. I do believe the score would've looked a ton better had Lamar played, but he didn't and that's what we saw on the field. My Superbowl is next week. I need LJ8, Hollywood and the crew amped up for destroy the Browns at all cost. As usual, if I missed something don't hesitate.

Christ almighty. A win is a win is a win, lol

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The numbers didn't end up strong, but Devonta Freeman at least looks like someone who could belong on an NFL field.

Better than Bell, that's for sure. He's a "decent" complimentary back to Murray's downhill style and he'll make a guy miss, just doesn't have the juice to do anything after he makes someone miss.

42 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The numbers didn't end up strong, but Devonta Freeman at least looks like someone who could belong on an NFL field.

100% agree. Murray is an old North/South and underperforming role player, while Bell was a shot utility option. Freeman though still looks like at least a legitimate and versatile HB3. You can tell with a better offensive line he'd put up solid/passable numbers too.

He's not a playmaker, a weapon, or even some kind of moderate threat- but he is 100% still a functioning option at this stage in his career. 

3 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I need LJ8, Hollywood and the crew amped up for destroy the Browns at all cost. As usual, if I missed something don't hesitate.

That team barely eked one out at home against the lions with a backup QB. We NEED to destroy them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Better than Bell, that's for sure. He's a "decent" complimentary back to Murray's downhill style and he'll make a guy miss, just doesn't have the juice to do anything after he makes someone miss.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

100% agree. Murray is an old North/South and underperforming role player, while Bell was a shot utility option. Freeman though still looks like at least a legitimate and versatile HB3. You can tell with a better offensive line he'd put up solid/passable numbers too.

He's not a playmaker, a weapon, or even some kind of moderate threat- but he is 100% still a functioning option at this stage in his career. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Murray is the low-rent version of Gus.

Freeman is the low-rent version of Dobbins. 

Yep, as much as the line has struggled this year, there were quite a few instances today where it looked like they had things blocked up quite nicely that a more explosive back could have taken advantage of

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You know, I watch our games and stress about things and we win.

Then I watch the Seahawks play and I get to see what a truly bad team looks like and I feel so much better about this team. We may not be contenders this year, but at least we're not awful and boring like the Seahawks are.

IDK, this is the worst time I've had watching the Ravens in quite a bit. 

I think having the talent we do right now is what makes it so bad. It was easier to stomach meh performances when our best weapon on offense was Mike Wallace and Flacco was deep into his injury-regression cycle. Now though we're watching bad football and performances from units that really shouldn't be delivering it. Even with the injuries this team has underperformed relative to expectations(In terms of on field performance not W/L) and often times just looks lost and/or poorly coached. The whole year just feels off. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think having the talent we do right now is what makes it so bad. It was easier to stomach meh performances when our best weapon on offense was Mike Wallace and Flacco was deep into his injury-regression cycle. Now though we're watching bad football and performances from units that really shouldn't be delivering it. Even with the injuries this team has underperformed relative to expectations(In terms of on field performance not W/L) and often times just looks lost and/or poorly coached. The whole year just feels off. 

And that's why the Ravens gonna win the Superbowl. Entire starting lineup on IR. Poor coaching, tackling and more, but they'll go on to win the Superbowl because its been that kinda year. Just a bunch of tomfoolery.

58 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

You're not watching Russell Wilson, Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf struggle to get first downs while Colt McCoy borderline sets NFL records for passing against you though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You're not watching Russell Wilson, Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf struggle to get first downs while Colt McCoy borderline sets NFL records for passing against you though.

We’ve officially entered the twilight zone…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Look at how bad Villanueva gets embarrassed here.

They might want to consider moving Mekari over to LT and putting Ogbuehi in at RT until James is ready to play.

That is a deep shotgun set AND Huntley still drops back. It's hard when you are blocking for a QB you are not used to, who doesn't know how to stay in the pocket. I don't think we are going to improve on AV at LT this year.

That route is hilarious as Watkins is immediately wide open. Took Huntley almost too long to see it.

• Like 1