Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

You better keep your eye on the 49ers........

You're a game up now, they've got the tie break on you and it could be said they've got the easier schedule closing it out:

SF - SEA, CIN, ATL, TEN, HOU, LAR
LAR - JAX, AZ, SEA, MN, BALT, SF

JAX will be a nice (and needed) get well game - but instead of looking up in the division, you'd better keep an eye on who's gaining on you from behind. You're a loss or two from dropping out of the playoffs. 

Yeah Im not worried. The Rams will be fine. I think its easy to panic win a team is on a two or three game losing streak but historically McVay teams for what ever reason dont play well in November. In the same way Belichick teams never play well in the month of September then we all panic thinking the Pats might miss the playoffs bc they started the season off slowly then they end up being just fine.

The only teams Im worried about are the Cards and Niners. I do think the Niners could sneak into the 7th spot or maybe even get the 6th seed. The Rams will beat the Jags, Seahawks, Vikings, and Ravens Im super confident in that. We can go into Arizona and win but as of right now I think we lose that game. Im not picking us to beat the Niners until I see it lol. So yeah worst case scenario for the Rams imo is they fall to the 6th seed. I think when its all said and done they still remain the 5th seed and hopefully go into the playoffs playing good football putting this three game slump behind them. 

Edited by stl4life07

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah Im not worried. The Rams will be fine. I think its easy to panic win a team is on a two or three game losing streak but historically McVay teams for what ever reason dont play well in November. In the same way Belichick teams never play well in the month of September then we all panic thinking the Pats might miss the playoffs bc they started the season off slowly then they end up being just fine.

The only teams Im worried about are the Cards and Niners. I do think the Niners could sneak into the 7th spot. The Rams will beat the Jags, Seahawks, Vikings, and Ravens for sure. We can go into Arizona and win but as of right now I think we lose that game. Im not picking us to beat the Niners until I see it lol. So yeah worst case scenario for the Rams imo is they fall to the 6th seed. I think when its all said and done they still remain the 5th seed and hopefully go into the playoffs playing good football putting this three game slump behind them. 

So....you're not worried.....about anything but AZ and SF. Got it. Thats what I said: watch out for SF.

I dont see you catching AZ (who already holds the tie break on you). You're closer to the 8th seed and being out of the playoffs.

The Niners dont need to sneak anything. All they have to do is hold serve with your guys - then beat you - and you're further on the back end looking up scrambling with the likes of MN, NOLA and ATL of all teams.

Listen, I'm not rooting for SF - just pointing out how tenuous your teams position is right now.

JAX couldnt come at a better time. You damn well better not lose that game somehow.

NFC Playoff Standings

1.   Arizona  9-2
2.  Green Bay  9-3
3.  Tampa Bay  8-3
4.  Dallas  7-4
5.  Los Angeles Rams  7-4
6.  San Francisco  6-5
7.  Minnesota  5-6

8.  Atlanta  5-6
9.  New Orleans  5-6
10. Philadelphia  5-7

34 minutes ago, St Vince said:

My respect for Rodgers just went up exponentially. I broke my pinky years ago at work and had to take off for two weeks. The pain is just excruciating to walk on. There's nothing you can do for a pinky fracture but let it heal on its own. Rodgers is a warrior.

Lol, this might say more about you than it does about Rodgers.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

So....you're not worried.....about anything but AZ and SF. Got it. Thats what I said: watch out for SF.

I dont see you catching AZ (who already holds the tie break on you). You're closer to the 8th seed and being out of the playoffs.

The Niners dont need to sneak anything. All they have to do is hold serve with your guys - then beat you - and you're further on the back end looking up scrambling with the likes of MN, NOLA and ATL of all teams.

Listen, I'm not rooting for SF - just pointing out how tenuous your teams position is right now.

JAX couldnt come at a better time. You damn well better not lose that game somehow.

NFC Playoff Standings

1.   Arizona  9-2
2.  Green Bay  9-3
3.  Tampa Bay  8-3
4.  Dallas  7-4
6.  San Francisco  6-5
7.  Minnesota  5-6

8.  Atlanta  5-6
9.  New Orleans  5-6
10. Philadelphia  5-7

Yeah you're right sneak isnt the right word when looking at those who are on the outside looking in lol. The Falcons, Saints and Panthers all arent threaten in any way I dont care if they Rams go on a 4 or 5 game losing streak those teams still wont make it in over the Rams lol. The Eagles are the only team that MAYBE still has a pulse just bc they do have the easiest remaining schedule left but can you really trust them after playing the way the did and losing to the Giants? I sure cant. 

I think you might need to not use the word "scrambling" when mentioning the Rams with the likes of the Saints and the Falcons lol. My best friend is a born bread Saints fan and he said the Saints are so bad he dont think the Saints will win but one more game and thats against the Jets. Heck he talked about the Saints should throw in the towel to try to get a better draft pick and not risk putting an injured Kamara back out there lol. We know the Falcons are just plain bad. So outside of MAYBE Philly, who is going to push the Rams out of the playoffs completely? I used to think the Panthers had a shot bc of Cam but they literally benched him and they lost again. So no the Rams arent missing the playoffs. Now if this was the AFC I would understand you bc its a legit logjam with actual teams that legit could be a real threat to get in like like the Raiders, Colts, Steelers, and even the Broncos. In the NFC all those teams on the outside looking in are literally no threats. 

Edited by stl4life07

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah you're right sneak isnt the right word when looking at those who are on the outside looking in lol. The Falcons, Saints and Panthers all arent threaten in any way I dont care if they Rams go on a 4 or 5 game losing streak those teams still wont make it in over the Rams lol. The Eagles are the only team that MAYBE still has a pulse just bc they do have the easiest remaining schedule left but can you really trust them after playing the way the did and losing to the Giants? I sure cant. 

I think you might need to not use the word "scrambling" when mentioning the Rams with the likes of the Saints and the Falcons lol. My best friend is a born bread Saints fan and he said the Saints are so bad he dont think the Saints will win but one more game and thats against the Jets. Heck he talked about the Saints should throw in the towel to try to get a better draft pick and not risk putting an injured Kamara back out there lol. We know the Falcons arent great. So outside of MAYBE Philly, who is going to push the Rams out of the playoffs completely? I used to think the Panthers had a shot bc of Cam but they literally benched him and they lost again. So no the Rams arent missing the playoffs. The Rams will have a playoff spot locked up at the worst case by the Ravens game Week 17. Now if this was the AFC I would understand you bc its a legit logjam with actual teams that legit could be a real threat to get in like like the Raiders, Colts, Steelers, and even the Broncos. In the NFC all those teams on the outside looking in are literally no threats.

Lets keep this simple.....let me post the current seedings again.....

NFC Playoff Standings

1.   Arizona  9-2
2.  Green Bay  9-3
3.  Tampa Bay  8-3
4.  Dallas  7-4
6.  San Francisco  6-5
7.  Minnesota  5-6

8.  Atlanta  5-6
9.  New Orleans  5-6
10. Philadelphia  5-7

7-4 is a good record. Nothing to be sneezed at or dissed - and I agree with your assessment of the guys behind SF - but - it all comes down to numbers.

I've no clue how the guys at the rear are gonna fare for the rest of the season. Probably much like they have to date - win one/lose one - but - (as I said....) you're closer to fighting things out with them than you are at challenging the teams ahead of you.

Thats all. Not ragging on the Rams. Just looking at the records.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

We dont have a receiving group.

the hope has to be that EQ and Amari Rodgers can come out of the bye with solidified roles.

MVS looked solid and similar to what we can expect from him - capable of getting open deep, incapable of finishing a play that is contested down the field. 

We need some other guy who has consistent hands, and i think we should re-sign sternberger.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, R T said:

Lol, this might say more about you than it does about Rodgers.

Haha well alot of sports athletes are tough. I have a friend who suffered a bad ankle injury when he played high school football that unfortunately kept him from playing in the state championship game. His team lost and I strongly felt had he played they wouldve won. He was that good of a running back. Anyways, he dealt with the injury better than I did. I couldnt imagine badly hurting my ankle lol.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

the hope has to be that EQ and Amari Rodgers can come out of the bye with solidified roles.

MVS looked solid and similar to what we can expect from him - capable of getting open deep, incapable of finishing a play that is contested down the field. 

We need some other guy who has consistent hands, and i think we should re-sign sternberger.

Works for me. I've been barking for somebody at WR2 to step up (or sign up.....) - but it appears to be what it is at this stage.

Depending on Cobb's situation, Rodgers roll may be enhanced and I'd be fine with EQ getting more targets. I've nothing against Lazard - he's come thru for us at times in the past - but - I've never liked his "body catching" style and he drops more passes than he should IMO. 

You watch Davante and Cobb - they pick the pass out of the air with both hands. CLAMP and SECURE.
Lazard lets it get into his body - often with bad results.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Lets keep this simple.....let me post the current seedings again.....

NFC Playoff Standings

1.   Arizona  9-2
2.  Green Bay  9-3
3.  Tampa Bay  8-3
4.  Dallas  7-4
6.  San Francisco  6-5
7.  Minnesota  5-6

8.  Atlanta  5-6
9.  New Orleans  5-6
10. Philadelphia  5-7

7-4 is a good record. Nothing to be sneezed at or dissed - and I agree with your assessment of the guys behind SF - but - it all comes down to numbers.

I've no clue how the guys at the rear are gonna fare for the rest of the season. Probably much like they have to date - win one/lose one - but - (as I said....) you're closer to fighting things out with them than you are at challenging the teams ahead of you.

Thats all. Not ragging on the Rams. Just looking at the records.

Oh Im not saying you are ragging on the Rams. If we are strictly talking about the Niners then yes I said worst the Rams would do is 6th seed which means I think the Niners could be the team that jumps them and become the 5th seed. Im just assessing your statement that the Rams could miss the playoffs. They have no legit threat on the outside looking in so the playoff picture you see now is the playoff picture you will get imo. The only thing left to be decided is the seeding.

20 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Pretty disappointed with Lazard .. he's regressed a lot this year.  It's time for the Packers to give St. Brown a legit shot.  Rodgers gave him a shout out yesterday and talked about how hard he's worked and how much trust he has in him.  Time to give him a legit # of targets .. say 5-7 per week.  Make or break.  MVS is okay .. Adams is all-world.  I don't have much faith at all right now in Amari Rodgers .. he's been a major disappointment.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1