Uniforms

beats2rock

I was thinking about what teams have terrible uniforms and instead of doing rankings I decided to break them into three categories instead starting with worst to best.

Failed reboots:

Titans-- boring\bland, navy and grey sucks.

Jets--black doesn't belong in color scheme. should have had previous color rush as their main uniform. for a team called the Jets you would think they would have a little more pizzazz.

WFT-- yes change is coming but still they belong at the bottom.

Dolphins-- boring, makes me want to puke.

Jags-- boring AF, their previous uniforms were better, they really just needed to get the gold off the helmet.

Bucs-- Pewter color is too dark not enough orange, should have been exactly like old uniforms, no pewter jerseys please.

Pats -- hideous red stripes on shoulders, would love for them to go back to Parcels Patriot blues.

Lions-- bland, they badly need to add those white stripes back with the blue and silver, all grey is boring.

Seahawks-- badly needs a reboot, seriously don't like any team where their main colors are navy blue and grey (see Titans) those bright green jerseys are awful.

Rams-- Not a fan of their look at all, they really should have gone with their previous classic/alternate look.

Chargers-- They are at the bottom here for a reason but I'm not a big fan of their new look, mostly here because the potential is there for them to have an outstanding look.

Maybe/Fine/could be a lot worse:  Texans, Cardinals, 49ers, Falcons, Broncos, Bengals, Eagles.

Don't Touch: Bears, Packers, Colts, Giants, Vikings, Cowboys, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Saints, Panthers, Bills, Raiders, Chiefs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beats2rock said:

for a team called the Jets you would think they would have a little more pizzazz.

I really appreciated this. Got a hearty chuckle out of it.

2 minutes ago, beats2rock said:

Don't Touch: Bears, Packers, Colts, Giants, Vikings, Cowboys, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Saints, Panthers, Bills, Raiders, Chiefs.

Saints colors don't need to change, like you said they're untouchable.. but there is a big push for them to adopt their white color rush uniforms as their home uniform. Not sure how serious that is/was.

Also, I believe teams will be allowed to start using a alternative helmet next year IIRC? The Saints need a black helmet badly for when they're in their all black unis. 

15 minutes ago, beats2rock said:

Seahawks-- badly needs a reboot, seriously don't like any team where their main colors are navy blue and grey (see Titans) those bright green jerseys are awful.

I liked the idea of Seattle bringing back their original color scheme.

PNW timber industry should see a decent boom starting in the next 5-6 years, merchandising to the rednecks with a forest green in the color scheme and maybe even adding some forest imagery would definitely help their fanbase out as a whole (rednecks love portland timbers gear for some reason, i think its because trees), they're fading fast outside the I5 corridor. The rednecks have lost the faith.

capture.png

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

I really appreciated this. Got a hearty chuckle out of it.

Saints colors don't need to change, like you said they're untouchable.. but there is a big push for them to adopt their white color rush uniforms as their home uniform. Not sure how serious that is/was.

Also, I believe teams will be allowed to start using a alternative helmet next year IIRC? The Saints need a black helmet badly for when they're in their all black unis. 

I like the Saints current look. I'm not a fan of teams going with more black. It was a trend about ten years ago that a lot of teams were going with black alternate uniforms and it works for some teams like the Saints but I think I just got a bit burnt out on it.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

I liked the idea of Seattle bringing back their original color scheme.

PNW timber industry should see a decent boom starting in the next 5-6 years, merchandising to the rednecks with a forest green in the color scheme and maybe even adding some forest imagery would definitely help their fanbase out as a whole (rednecks love portland timbers gear for some reason, i think its because trees), they're fading fast outside the I5 corridor. The rednecks have lost the faith.

capture.png

This would be an improvement. 

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

Maybe have a picture of George Washington on the helmet since it's on the state flag-- rednecks would love that!!

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2021 at 6:06 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

53e898b7b06a1.image.jpg?resize=1200,868

Really?

It makes me want to sacrifice myself in a pit of fire and doom. It's repulsive.

Get rid of the shadow lettering and tone down the giant logo on the shoulder pads and it's not bad. Better than their current one--makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, beats2rock said:

Don't Touch:  Cowboys

tumblr_po0g5nXf591xhgub9o1_400.gifv

Is grey that far off from silver to make it different?

On 11/22/2021 at 6:06 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

53e898b7b06a1.image.jpg?resize=1200,868

Really?

It makes me want to sacrifice myself in a pit of fire and doom. It's repulsive.

My favorite was this look. One week red shirt, white pants, next week opposite or Red on Red,  White on White.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9h3FIB5YyB8/VCzGkBGENtI/AAAAAAAAAfk/Wu97x0eEOxY/s1600/wide-receiver-stanley-morgan_pg_600.jpg

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1