Week 12: VIKINGS (5-5) at 49ers (5-5)

swede700

Game 11

When:  4:25 PM EST November 28th

Where: Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, CA)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN, Sirius XM (Radio)

Announcers: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Sara Walsh

Coverage Map:  TBD

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

49ers - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Edited by swede700

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I want to see the Vikings have the type of game that makes Kyle Shanahan cry himself to sleep holding a picture of Kirk Cousins. 

Seems like he’s been doing that for years already. Definitely a must win. This feels like a playoff game and the Vikes need to start controlling their own destiny. Seems we’ve fought our way back to .500 multiple times just to hit another bump. 

Edited by vikingsrule

20 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems like he’s been doing that for years already. Definitely a must win. This feels like a playoff game and the Vikes need to start controlling their own destiny. Seems we’ve fought our way back to .500 multiple times just to hit another bump. 

The next 4 games are against SF, DET, PIT, and CHI. I feel like they need to go 3/4 in those games. If they are the team that they want us to believe they are. 

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The next 4 games are against SF, DET, PIT, and CHI. I feel like they need to go 3/4 in those games. If they are the team that they want us to believe they are. 

Assume MN wins the next two (very possible) and the Packers lose to LA (also very possible with the injuries they have) that would put us one game back of the NFC North lead. The Packers schedule looks pretty light down the stretch unfortunately.

Edited by vikingsrule

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Assume MN wins the next two (very possible) and the Packers lose to LA (also very possible with the injuries they have) that would put us one game back of the NFC North lead. The Packers schedule looks pretty light down the stretch unfortunately.

Winning the division is probably nothing more than a pipe dream, at this point. To even have a reasonable shot, the Vikings would have to run the table, and hope that GB stumbles against a team like LA, or Baltimore. 

I’m also hoping for a Lions win over Chicago on Thanksgiving. I want the Lions to have that no-win monkey off their back. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m also hoping for a Lions win over Chicago on Thanksgiving. I want the Lions to have that no-win monkey off their back. 

Which should also be enough to get Nagy fired before our game (I'd have to think Pettine would be the interim HC).  

It's amazing what a win over the Packers does for fan confidence!!! 

This is going to be a hard game for the Vikings. It's generally tough when a team travels west, and the 49ers are a quality football team; although not one without vulnarabilities. The keys to the game will be shutting down Deebo and Kittle, and making sure Kirk has time to find JJ and Adam (assuming Zimmer doesn't go back to 1960's football). 

We're going to need our defense to step up the rest of the season. We're about as healthy as we're going to get, so we need to find the right guys to put out there and hope they can play better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It's amazing what a win over the Packers does for fan confidence!!! 

This is going to be a hard game for the Vikings. It's generally tough when a team travels west, and the 49ers are a quality football team; although not one without vulnarabilities. The keys to the game will be shutting down Deebo and Kittle, and making sure Kirk has time to find JJ and Adam (assuming Zimmer doesn't go back to 1960's football). 

We're going to need our defense to step up the rest of the season. We're about as healthy as we're going to get, so we need to find the right guys to put out there and hope they can play better.

I'm still not all that confident, because we know how fragile they are at the ends of games or halves.  It's hard to know whether this team can use these experiences to their advantage in the playoffs (if they make it) or if it's just another sign of how they'd be a quick exit.  I'm going to just attempt to enjoy it as it goes and not get too confident, especially based on how often we've been let down.   

• Like 1