Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

16 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Wasn’t Edmonds pretty awful for them last year?

Based on what I read, no he wasn’t awful…but he always isn’t a star, which seems like the expectation based on draft slot. So, basically, him and his brother seem to share a lot more than family. They are just…..fine.

But he will play this season at 24, so there’s reasonably still room for growth. Also seems like they don’t use him to his athletic abilities. Whether that’s because of Milano, scheme, or because he can’t…I’m not too sure. 

50 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Tis the season of random rumors. I wish Twitter came with hit percentages on these kinda things. 

I feel like the only reason this is a rumor for us is because his bro plays for us....or MIGHT play for us....who knows.

Unless we can get him for a future 5th, Ill pass.   He would be a backup pass rusher here, and like his bro, is JAG.

32 minutes ago, 43M said:

I feel like the only reason this is a rumor for us is because his bro plays for us....or MIGHT play for us....who knows.

Unless we can get him for a future 5th, Ill pass.   He would be a backup pass rusher here, and like his bro, is JAG.

He's an ILB..he's just big and fast as fuq. I would love this if it went down.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

He's an ILB..he's just big and fast as fuq. I would love this if it went down.

Hmm....not sure why I thought he was an edge rusher.

In that case, Im not opposed to it for the right price.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 43M said:

He'd be great in our D.
I still want us to resign his brother as well.
I think they both have their best days ahead.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Just ventured over to Bills Reddit to see their opinion and it sounds pretty identical to the way we talk about his brother. A lot of them think he could benefit from a move to edge rusher.

Sounds like he

- Doesn’t make splash plays 

- Shows flashes of potential but never able to progress or fully put it together

- struggles mightily in coverage (gets picked on)

- excels attacking the line of scrimmage/blitzing 

I definitely would prefer him to Schobert or Spillane but I’m absolutely not giving up more than a 5th for him. Doubt he would move the needle much for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Just ventured over to Bills Reddit to see their opinion and it sounds pretty identical to the way we talk about his brother. A lot of them think he could benefit from a move to edge rusher.

Sounds like he

- Doesn’t make splash plays 

- Shows flashes of potential but never able to progress or fully put it together

- struggles mightily in coverage (gets picked on)

- excels attacking the line of scrimmage/blitzing 

I definitely would prefer him to Schobert or Spillane but I’m absolutely not giving up more than a 5th for him. Doubt he would move the needle much for us.

I rather have Schobert at $9mil than Edmunds at $13mil unless that cap hit goes down to $3-4mil. 

12 minutes ago, 43M said:

Possibly.

Just saying Id rather start an unproven player than laughably overpay for mediocrity.

I would too but I was hearing in practices even with coaches putting him where he should be lined up he still struggled lining up and keeping assignments. 

How about Foresade Oluokun? 10 forced TOs and 193 tackles. I don’t hate the idea of Jordan Hicks either. 

My take is if you are going to roll out Bush again don’t put unproven next to him. Put either an elite prospect or a known asset. I know I called for Buddy in season but at this point there’s options other than him. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 43M said:

Possibly.

Just saying Id rather start an unproven player than laughably overpay for mediocrity.

Buddy Johnson is like 230lbs and couldn’t get on the field last year because he didn’t understand the playbook (allegedly). I agree with your logic but starting him next to Bush could end up really being a disaster.