Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It won't shock me of Trubisky is the only thing we do in Free Agency.

We will absolutely sign a CB and OL at some point.   The quality of those FAs is TBD.

Beyond that....who knows.   If we lose Juju we will very likely sign a WR.    

3 hours ago, AFF said:

Would you give 5/65 for Daniels?….5/50 for Tomlinson?

Those B level guys are still gonna get paid…if I have to overpay a bit to make my incoming QB job easier in 2023 or 2024 I’m doing it.

Tomlinson got 3/$40

51 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

just found out about trubisky signing.   is there any reason whatsoever to be optimistic with this signing?  

- mobile enough to run Canada’s offense

- spent a year under Daboll and behind Josh Allen

- awful awful coaching situation and environment with the Bears

- he’s not Ben

- tons of talent, if everything clicks his ceiling is a slightly lesser version of Allen/Herbert etc 

This isn’t my argument that Mitch is going to light the world on fire but you asked for reasons for optimism 

13 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

- mobile enough to run Canada’s offense

- spent a year under Daboll and behind Josh Allen

- awful awful coaching situation and environment with the Bears

- he’s not Ben

- tons of talent, if everything clicks his ceiling is a slightly lesser version of Allen/Herbert etc 

This isn’t my argument that Mitch is going to light the world on fire but you asked for reasons for optimism 

fair enough, good points. Maybe he gets a fair shot and does well, wait and see. Agree Ben was done, had been for a while. Now Trubisky is missing some WR's but has 2 good TE's which should see more targets. Not sure how the OL is though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Not sure how the OL is though

I think the line will be much improved. Moore made strides last year, Dotson will hopefully be healthy, Green will be competing for a spot and probably not starting, Daniels is considerably better than Turner, and Chuks who is going to be average at worst. That Mason Cole dude looks like he is an improvement at C over Green. I think the offense should be a lot more fun to watch than it was the last couple years. We need an outside WR, though. I’d love a tall deep threat, but those guys don’t grow on trees.

looking forward to seeing a modern offense again. IDC if its average. I just want to see playactions, passes over the middle of field, rollouts, variety of diff screen plays, RPO's where the QB runs for 10+ etc.... not sure if cananda will work in the NFL, but it will be interesting seeing his offense in full form. That 2016 Pitt offense he ran was sooooooo fun to watch. it would amazing if 2022 steelers offense runs like that and works even at a average level. it would be one of the most talk about units in the NFL

• Like 1