Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

A good thing to remember in Free Agency is that the guys who make it here are here for a reason...There is a difference between finding a bargain and dumpster diving. I'd rather save $6M+ and sign Austin Corbert vs 30+, oft injured Brandon Scherff at $13M and use the rest of my savings to net 2 starters to fill voids rather than just 1. 

There's a handful of dudes that are on FA right now that are worth that top dollar -- Carlton Davis & Armstrong probably being the best. But paying 125% of someones worth on the B market is never a good choice. 

It's almost like this has already been said by someone:

Just off the top of my head there's Mattheau, Davis, Armstead, Reddick, Cedrick Wilson, Corbett.  I'm sure there's others out there that I'm not accounting for, but man there's actual quality this year out there because of the massive restructuring teams did in 2021 to make their cap work.

Still not confident we're going to end up with guys like that anyways.

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It's almost like this has already been said by someone:

Neat

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Still not confident we're going to end up with guys like that anyways.

Guys like $8-9M Austin Corbett or $20M+ Terron Armstead? Because there's a huge difference between some of them. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Guys like $8-9M Austin Corbett or $20M+ Terron Armstead? Because there's a huge difference between some of them. 

Either. And I’m willing to bet both Corbett and Daniela end up going for $12+mil. We aren’t the only team with cap and OL needs. 

26 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

A good thing to remember in Free Agency is that the guys who make it here are here for a reason...There is a difference between finding a bargain and dumpster diving. I'd rather save $6M+ and sign Austin Corbert vs 30+, oft injured Brandon Scherff at $13M and use the rest of my savings to net 2 starters to fill voids rather than just 1. 

There's a handful of dudes that are on FA right now that are worth that top dollar -- Carlton Davis & Armstrong probably being the best. But paying 125% of someones worth on the B market is never a good choice. 

Would you give 5/65 for Daniels?….5/50 for Tomlinson?

Those B level guys are still gonna get paid…if I have to overpay a bit to make my incoming QB job easier in 2023 or 2024 I’m doing it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AFF said:

Would you give 5/65 for Daniels?….5/50 for Tomlinson?

Those B level guys are still gonna get paid…if I have to overpay a bit to make my incoming QB job easier in 2023 or 2024 I’m doing it.

Absolutely gonna take that for those too. We tend to forget Cincy just went to a SB, needs OL, and have $30 mil in cap space. If I’m Daniela it’s going to take a lot to make me not step into that. 

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So it is a forgone conclusion that Haden will be playing elsewhere? Have you guys heard anything on him? Sorry, I've asked about Haden a few times but that's because he kind of fits the bill in what the Niners like to target. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So it is a forgone conclusion that Haden will be playing elsewhere? Have you guys heard anything on him? Sorry, I've asked about Haden a few times but that's because he kind of fits the bill in what the Niners like to target. 

He likely wants more/longer than the Steelers will offer. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think he's gone. I figure he'll be a ring mercenary. I'd love to see Haden as a rover/SS/slot guy for a good defense. That's where he's still got talent. 

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Absolutely gonna take that for those too. We tend to forget Cincy just went to a SB, needs OL, and have $30 mil in cap space. If I’m Daniela it’s going to take a lot to make me not step into that. 

I didn’t look into current OG $$$ contracts a ton.

Cincy would be smart to maximize the current Burrow/Chase Contract $1 window.

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Probably a shorter 2-3 year prove it deal for Witherspoon similar to the Sutton/Banner deal from last offseason.

Still figure they wanna get at least 1 of Edmunds/Chuks done before FA.