TACT XXI: Dak got paid, HT got laid, thank God for the Micah trade!

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

That's the odd thing about NYC. In the cold months it is blistering cold, like as if it were Canada. But in the warmer months you could honestly think it were Florida, between the humidity and the high temperature. Considering NY is so far north in the country, most would think it would be a tad on the cooler side - but it's actually a city of two extremes in that regard.

I'm not scared of the heat going out to TX, I mean Im not a young man,I'll probably be indoors even when I "go out." And it's not like this is England where Air conditioning is a questionable concept. My question about the warmth was more, like come December, January, February.. it is probably still not going to be two sweatshirts and a north face with workers gloves on under your leather gloves, right? Like winter months in Northernish Texas is still like...sweater weather?

Winter temps (Jan-Feb) will average mid 30’s to low 40’s. Similar to what NYC/Jersey area had this year. You will get more ice storms than snow storms in winter.  Now if you like storms, spring time super cell storms, dry lightning storms are a sight to see!! Pay attention to the local forecasts, dry lines, crashing cold/warm fronts and updrafts they create some wicked tornadoes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

That's the odd thing about NYC. In the cold months it is blistering cold, like as if it were Canada. But in the warmer months you could honestly think it were Florida, between the humidity and the high temperature. Considering NY is so far north in the country, most would think it would be a tad on the cooler side - but it's actually a city of two extremes in that regard.

I'm not scared of the heat going out to TX, I mean Im not a young man,I'll probably be indoors even when I "go out." And it's not like this is England where Air conditioning is a questionable concept. My question about the warmth was more, like come December, January, February.. it is probably still not going to be two sweatshirts and a north face with workers gloves on under your leather gloves, right? Like winter months in Northernish Texas is still like...sweater weather?

We only get 1 to 2 weeks a year of what a new yorker would consider winter weather and it usually takes place in late January early February. Now that week and a half might be 7 degrees and shut down our power grid but it’s only a week…. and a half. 

It’s not uncommon to do Christmas in a tshirt and shorts. Most of our winter is a tale of two halves. Cold in the mornings and at night, but probably flip flops, shorts, and a hoodie lunch. You can go out in swimming trunks and a tank top in January but bring a jacket for when the sun goes down. 

The theres the dreadful two week winter. 

7 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Winter temps (Jan-Feb) will average mid 30’s to low 40’s. Similar to what NYC/Jersey area had this year. You will get more ice storms than snow storms in winter.  Now if you like storms, spring time super cell storms, dry lightning storms are a sight to see!! Pay attention to the local forecasts, dry lines, crashing cold/warm fronts and updrafts they create some wicked tornadoes. 

He brings up a good point. Just because the cold weather period in Texas is short, the bad weather period is year round. So is the good weather period. And sometimes it’s all in the same day. Tornadoes are more of a Oklahoma thing but the Dallas area is on the fringe green. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Well boys, I have finally joined the ranks of Dad.

DaBoys Jr. was born early this morning. 8 pounds 12 ounces and 22 inches long. He’s already engaging in winless debates. 

Congrats! 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 10:26 AM, DaBoys said:

Well boys, I have finally joined the ranks of Dad.

DaBoys Jr. was born early this morning. 8 pounds 12 ounces and 22 inches long. He’s already engaging in winless debates. 

Congrats man. Lots of challenges but lots of fun as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...