TACT XXI: Dak got paid, HT got laid, thank God for the Micah trade!

Matts4313

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Back then people didn’t have so many avenues for social media. It was fun to just communicate with like minded individuals. Now theres facebook, twitter, IG, Snapchat, whatsapp, discord, etc…

People don’t need us anymore. I’m a ff.com OG though so I’m not going anywhere(unfortunately for some). I joined in February of 2005 when I was 17. That year was the great DWare v Shawn Merriman debates, Matt Leinart(sp) and Mike Williams.  

This February will be my 18th year on the boards. Ill be 36 in May. crazy

Yeah...the rise of social media definitely killed message boards. Which sucks. Because for the most part, the content on here is more thought out than on those platforms. 

I joined in 2007 at 17 and here I am at almost 33. Almost half my life around here 🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Go get em D!!!! Congrats man!

Thanks! 

Husband and I are looking at buying a house this year too...so hopefully we'll have that in the books by around that time as well. 

A show friend is a lawyer in Dallas and has several IT clients, so she said once I get the degree to let her know and she'll hook me up with a job. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Yeah...the rise of social media definitely killed message boards. Which sucks. Because for the most part, the content on here is more thought out than on those platforms. 

I joined in 2007 at 17 and here I am at almost 33. Almost half my life around here 🤣

Lol, I actually had one of my HS students ask me if I use FB to communicate with other teachers, laughing while she asked me.

I replied yes and asked why she is laughing. She said that FB is for old people!

Edited by Rtnldave
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 4:38 PM, DaBoys said:

For the 1 or 2 posters asking. I am alive.. more or less the same as always. I do occasionally lurk on here. I obviously lost interest.

There was an old Twilight Zone episode which was based on a Nazi U Boat commander who sunk a civilian ship. When he died, he would wake up with no memory of who he was, and somehow was on the same ship he sunk.. But he always had a bad feeling of De-Ja-Vu and impending doom. His memory came flooding back, just before he saw a U-Boat about to sink the ship. 

Short version, he was destined to die over and over again for all eternity. Couldn't change the result.

Well more or less that is the feeling I have.. I am the Nazi U-Boat commander. and The Dallas Cowboys are my "ship"

Difference ... I jumped ship!

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

For the 1 or 2 posters asking. I am alive.. more or less the same as always. I do occasionally lurk on here. I obviously lost interest.

There was an old Twilight Zone episode which was based on a Nazi U Boat commander who sunk a civilian ship. When he died, he would wake up with no memory of who he was, and somehow was on the same ship he sunk.. But he always had a bad feeling of De-Ja-Vu and impending doom. His memory came flooding back, just before he saw a U-Boat about to sink the ship. 

Short version, he was destined to die over and over again for all eternity. Couldn't change the result.

Well more or less that is the feeling I have.. I am the Nazi U-Boat commander. and The Dallas Cowboys are my "ship"

Difference ... I jumped ship!

Glad to hear you’re still kicking. 

Broke my ankle pretty good they other week, and I’m about to go into surgery. Never had any type of surgery before so I’m a bit anxious. Obviously it’s ankle surgery not heart surgery so I’m not that worried but still. I should be back on the field for OTAs though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Broke my ankle pretty good they other week, and I’m about to go into surgery. Never had any type of surgery before so I’m a bit anxious. Obviously it’s ankle surgery not heart surgery so I’m not that worried but still. I should be back on the field for OTAs though. 

Just remember you’re getting older and this is just the beginning. 

Good luck. 

• Like 2