2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

11 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I don't think they will pay him after they paid their other 3T.

They were happy to tie up $13 million a year in that spot for Ogunjobi before...we gave Jones $6 million...if you can get Ogunbobi for 1 year at $7 million like he played for last year then it is a no brainer and you have protected yourself against injury at a key position on this defence.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

They were happy to tie up $13 million a year in that spot for Ogunjobi before...we gave Jones $6 million...if you can get Ogunbobi for 1 year at $7 million like he played for last year then it is a no brainer and you have protected yourself against injury at a key position on this defence.

Sorry, I meant the Bengals, not us. I would love to see him come here on a prove it discount.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Dude, Poles is cooking. Our depth is going to be off the hook… if only we only had starters.

I kid. This signing is fine. He will make the team and is cheap which is what our D signings needs to do.

I more than anyone get really excited about guys like Nichols and Horsted, diamonds in rough that can become viable starters or contributors.  Or even plus players on occasion.  I love looking at UDFAs.   Those guys can make a difference when things are tight.

But if you don’t have true top talent you aren’t going to win.  I don’t care what system you are using or if it makes a B guy into an A guy or whatever.  

You ultimately need guys that are top 5 at their position in multiple spots to win titles.  

30 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I agree.  Morrow has some good tape on him if healthy.  This guy isn’t filler.  

I am concerned so many guys are just signing for one year.   Don’t want to have to remake much of roster again next year.  

On 3/29/2022 at 11:58 AM, dll2000 said:

It may be too late, but make sure you are reading that solar panel contract or lease carefully.   The sales people are often less than honest about fine print.

I have seen a lot of complaints and "I didn't know that" later on after it is done or when people go to sell with those things on the roof.

Thanks, it's not a lease, trying it out here before pulling trigger on a system in a rural setting. So far, the process stinks and the technology is cool.  The company is owned by a client of mine and I hate to be the guy saying "I know your boss" but getting answers to straightforward questions is like pulling teeth with these people. My next level of escalation is that I'm going to hire Sug as my managing contractor and DLL as my lawyer and ride them into the ground. 

Also, the weather this spring is the worst I have ever seen, for anything (work, play) outside.  I've gone through a face cord of firewood in March.  I'd like to speak to the manager about this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

At some point we need to invest in the offense.

We have limited money and we can’t keep spending it on the DL. That type of resource allocation is part of the problem with the Pace era.

We have 2 solid 3 techniques already.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

At some point we need to invest in the offense.

We have limited money and we can’t keep spending it on the DL. That type of resource allocation is part of the problem with the Pace era.

We have 2 solid 3 techniques already.

We do need to invest in the offence no doubt...but what we really don't need to do is overspend in any area...if the talent is there on the defensive side then spend the money there and use the draft to hit the offence...don't just grab guys out of desperation...plenty of time to add talent all over this team.

19 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Thanks, it's not a lease, trying it out here before pulling trigger on a system in a rural setting. So far, the process stinks and the technology is cool.  The company is owned by a client of mine and I hate to be the guy saying "I know your boss" but getting answers to straightforward questions is like pulling teeth with these people. My next level of escalation is that I'm going to hire Sug as my managing contractor and DLL as my lawyer and ride them into the ground. 

Also, the weather this spring is the worst I have ever seen, for anything (work, play) outside.  I've gone through a face cord of firewood in March.  I'd like to speak to the manager about this. 

Problems I have seen are people with leases go to sell and they don’t realize they have to pay it all off or their buyer has to agree to take over their lease.  

Then solar company wants to approve the buyer.  Then, if they do that, they want a year up front from buyer.   Then they want a large fee to do so.

Or the roof needs to be fixed. Now they have to pay solar company to take them off and put them back at their chosen price to do so.  

Or they didn’t do math on step increases in contract.  What may have started as a good deal, becomes not a good a deal.

This doesn’t get into trying to dispose old batteries or panels in some areas.  You think getting rid of a TV is hard.  

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I'm just saying,  the other moderator in this forum can help with something that rhymes with 'dextortion...'

It's why I took the moderator spot to begin with.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

A face cord.  I admit that is a new one on me. 

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We do need to invest in the offence no doubt...but what we really don't need to do is overspend in any area...if the talent is there on the defensive side then spend the money there and use the draft to hit the offence...don't just grab guys out of desperation...plenty of time to add talent all over this team.

Signing 3 DLmen and 1 OLmen would be an odd look for a team who needs to protect the crown jewel of the franchise.

That money would make even more sense at CB or S. But to have 3x 3 techniques making real money… to me that is poor resource allocation.

Edited by WindyCity

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Signing 3 DLmen and 1 OLmen would be an odd look for a team who needs to protect the crown jewel of the franchise.

If signing the 3 DL then means we can hit the draft for 2 or 3 OL then I have no issue with it at all...like I have said before there has to be big picture thinking here.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I agree.  Morrow has some good tape on him if healthy.  This guy isn’t filler.  

I am concerned so many guys are just signing for one year.   Don’t want to have to remake much of roster again next year.  

I think it’s a plan on multiple fronts:

-Not tied financially to guys who don’t pan out, but have the ability to extend in season or before next March the ones who become what you hope.

-Tries to leverage guys betting on younger players looking for their first lucrative deal to get the best they have, versus older guys maybe just chasing one last year of checks, with the thought being you’re more likely to get their best all the time. 

-It’s a HUGE comp pick play for down the road. Guys who ball out and get a big deal elsewhere, or even those who end up with similar prove it type deals elsewhere, go as qualifying losses next year into the comp pick formula. Draft your future core guys, extend the prove it deal guys who indeed prove it, let the ones who don’t prove it go, and likely reap draft capital benefit long term. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1