2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

Guys St. Brown isn't good. He is a big depth piece that will likely have a very limited offensive role.

Pringle is a signing I really like as a #3. He has good physical tools, he is physical, and last year when he finally got on the field he was productive. I think this could be a nice upside signing and someone who will have a role in the base offense. We still need someone better, but this is a starter.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Guys St. Brown isn't good. He is a big depth piece that will likely have a very limited offensive role.

Pringle is a signing I really like as a #3. He has good physical tools, he is physical, and last year when he finally got on the field he was productive. I think this could be a nice upside signing and someone who will have a role in the base offense. We still need someone better, but this is a starter.

I agree with you here. I think the sign one more WR free agent before the draft, pick one up in the draft, and sign a few after the draft.

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

There could be non-Fields reasons for choosing the Bears. I don't think it's quite set in stone "Chicago has a QB." Fields is a mystery and if you were betting I don't think he would have better than 50/50 odds.

Like what?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If he has a season with 150% the receiving total of his best year? He sucks lol. I don’t know how he didn’t perform better on a passing monster team with nothing but growing room for receivers not named DA

You need opportunity...he has had very little.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You need opportunity...he has had very little.

… his competition was a thoroughly washed Cobb, underperforming MVS, and UDFA Lazard lol. If you can’t beat those guys out you don’t really belong in the league. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

So what do we have going at WR now? Mooney, Goodwin, Byrd, Newsome, Pringle, St Brown? So one 2, a few 3’s, ST’ers? I wonder if we can find a 1 in the draft. 

I think we still have to try and sign someone like JuJu who can come in and play in the top 3.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I think we still have to try and sign someone like JuJu who can come in and play in the top 3.

And just have a rotation of guys and no clear cut 1? I guess I could get behind that. I just have a thing for traditional diva 1 receivers that can take apart a defense lol. 

I read that fields and Mooney are training together. They should eat breakfast together every morning like Stafford and Kupp did. What’s the worst that can happen. 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

And just have a rotation of guys and no clear cut 1? I guess I could get behind that. I just have a thing for traditional diva 1 receivers that can take apart a defense lol. 

I read that fields and Mooney are training together. They should eat breakfast together every morning like Stafford and Kupp did. What’s the worst that can happen. 

We aren't going to have a #1. We need to have 3x2s.

Like the Pringle signing. He’s been an effective player for KC and (importantly) earned Mahomes’ trust there and worked his way past Demarcus Robinson on their depth chart. Solid run blocker. He’s a base level signing with some upside IMO. Worst case he’s your starting slot and a pretty reliable possession guy with some size. We 100% needed that. That’s the kind of signing that a young QB needs.

ESB is an upside traits swing. Probably more likely he’s a WR5, and probably not a given he’s on the roster. If the plan is to draft a WR in R2 (which it should be IMO) then I’d like to see us maybe bring back Byrd on a minimum deal and go with Mooney/R2 pick/Pringle/Byrd/ESB/Dazz/late round pick. Id be fine with that.