The next two drafts look terrible...

VanS

19 hours ago, Duluther said:

Mods accusing other people of being alts and joining in on the joking of predatory actions isn’t ok.

True there is a bit too much fun being had here but VanS can obviously take it and might even enjoy the attention who knows.

Either way my question still stands, if he is an authority of young players in football, then I am still waiting on the analysis of all of these young prospects who I think are promising and will be in the 2023 draft or 2024 draft.  Would love to know why these guys are so awful when in reality they are not and they are not that different than prospects in the past, granted the pandemic has hurt some of their development but not **** on that one.  

Braelon Allen 
Xavier Worthy
Collin Oliver
Cole Bishop
Eli Ricks
Antonio Johnson
Joey Porter Jr 
Bryan Bresee

Siaki Ika 
Caleb Williams 
Jack Sawyer 
Jalen Redmond
Calijah Kancey
Isaiah Foskey 
Myles Murphy
Colby Wooden
BJ Ojulari
Michael Mayer
Brenton Strange 
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Quentin Johnston
Jordan Addison
Kyren Williams
Tyler Allgeier
Tank Bigsby
Blake Corum
Devon Achane 
DJ Uiagalelei 
Jaren Hall 
Jahmyr Gibbs
Jeremy James
Caleb Warren 
Ikem Ekwonu

Paris Johnson Jr
Brandon Coleman
Noah Sewell 
Brock Bowers 
Richard Jibunor 
Tucker Kraft 
Nick Herbig 
Garrett Nelson
Jarvis Brownlee Jr 
Justin Walley
Trayvon Rudolph 
Jestin Jacobs 
Curtis Jacobs 
Tarique Barnes
Jake Renfro 
Brian Branch 
Emmanuel Forbes 
Storm Duck 
Dallas Turner 
Ty Robinson 
Sedrick Van Pran 
Reuben Fatheree II 
Mason Richman
Tyler Van Dyke 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jebrick said:

I know some of the others but Siaki Ika has really shown some promise.  He has come along from the beginning of this season to be a dominate NT.  I think he could use another year to get stronger but he would be interesting in the draft.

Siaki to me shows more than just promise, he easily has looked better than any other large NT in the nation by far outside of Jordan Davis.  Dude gets great pressure from the middle for a man his size but yes I agree he probably needs another year but could come out for the draft this year at probably be a 2nd round pick if not a last 1st with a good workout, his type of pressure and sack production he put up this year for a man that size is super impressive.  Again outside of Jordan Davis who is similar in size and production, no one in college football even comes close to Ika at that size and athletic ability, and could argue Ika is a bit more well conditioned than Davis who should be a top 20 pick in the draft this year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

@Ozzy @jebrickspeaking of NT/DT types, what do you think of Travis Jones from UCONN? I’ve not seen much talk about him.

I have never seen him play honestly.  Looks like he is going to the Senior Bowl so that will be a good chance for him and see what he can do there.  Steelers need some NT help that is for sure to improve that unit overall.  They should take a look at John Rideway no question at NT he could be a good mid to late round pickup for them, or Otito Ogbonnia from UCLA he is solid and Logan Hall I love out of Houston but he might be more of a 3/4 DE or a 4/3 DT, but he is rock solid and can hold his own inside.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I have never seen him play honestly.  Looks like he is going to the Senior Bowl so that will be a good chance for him and see what he can do there.  Steelers need some NT help that is for sure to improve that unit overall.  They should take a look at John Rideway no question at NT he could be a good mid to late round pickup for them, or Otito Ogbonnia from UCLA he is solid and Logan Hall I love out of Houston but he might be more of a 3/4 DE or a 4/3 DT, but he is rock solid and can hold his own inside.  

The problem is the type of defense that Tomlin/Butler are leaning towards has the Nt play more of a 3-tech than 0 or 1 tech.  More 1-gap than 2 gap.  So traditional NT ( Casey Hamption/Wilfolk) are not what they are looking for.  Do I agree with this?  No but then I am not a coach and those 2 know way more about defense then I do.

On the question, I like Travis Jones.  I think he has the power to play 2 gap and will be a very good 1 tech in the NFL.  I think he goes in the late 2nd or early 3rd but may drift down due to the under valuation of run stopping DTs.

I feel the Steelers will like Perrion Winfrey ( although I do not for the Steelers).  I think he is a pure 1 gap 3 tech.  I also like Tyler Davis (Clemson) but again, what I think the Steelers need and what Tomlin/Butler think they need ( based on their drafting) are 2 different things.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The problem is the type of defense that Tomlin/Butler are leaning towards has the Nt play more of a 3-tech than 0 or 1 tech.  More 1-gap than 2 gap.  So traditional NT ( Casey Hamption/Wilfolk) are not what they are looking for.  Do I agree with this?  No but then I am not a coach and those 2 know way more about defense then I do.

On the question, I like Travis Jones.  I think he has the power to play 2 gap and will be a very good 1 tech in the NFL.  I think he goes in the late 2nd or early 3rd but may drift down due to the under valuation of run stopping DTs.

I feel the Steelers will like Perrion Winfrey ( although I do not for the Steelers).  I think he is a pure 1 gap 3 tech.  I also like Tyler Davis (Clemson) but again, what I think the Steelers need and what Tomlin/Butler think they need ( based on their drafting) are 2 different things.

True they do not really look for that type of guy that is really big as a NT but if one comes along not sure they should totally disregard it.  Tuitt benig out all season clearly hurts them overall a ton and no Buggs or Alualu which I assume would be there NT if they were not hurt.  Also does not help the CB play has not been great and Edmunds I feel is a bit overrated and not that good of a safety, they at least have Minkah though.

Obviously Javon Hargrave for them was amazing and he is doing standout things on the Eagles and might even be a Pro bowler, has 7.5 sacks but he was clearly great for Pittsburgh at NT.  They did have Daniel McCullers 6-7 350 awhile back but he was more of a backup guy and before that Steven McLendon for a bit but he was more typical in size and honestly I never really liked him much.

They are supported greatly by Tuitt and Heyward on each end.  

Still they should really look at Rideway for sure as a NT and Otito as well as Logan Hall but not sure Hall is a fit totally but is very strong at the point of attack.  Winfrey also not sure he is a good fit but yeah they might be considering him.  PJ Mustipher was doing great during the year before he got hurt and Mathis on Bama has really picked up his play and could be a NT but more likely a better 3/4 DE.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I wonder if they might have to adjust their thinking in regards to NT with Tuitt's future up in the air? I think it was easier to get away with a smaller, 1-gap NT when he is sandwiched between Tuitt and Heyward. Maybe they'll be looking for the bigger, more powerful type of player now? Who knows? Like you said, they know more about this stuff than I do. 

• 3 weeks later...

1. I don't like picking on posters. I am okay with picking on their evaluations not their personalities.

2. I disagree with VanS most of the time, but have stood up for him before. The Fred Warner evaluation comes to mind.

3. All classes are weak in some areas and strong in others. I have less regard for the star power positions than most, so I like this class. DE, OL, TE, S, etc All good. The sweet spot seems to be Day 2, but I would love to hear other opinions.

4. There are good players in every class.

5. I think Bryce Young will be a star NFL quarterback based on the intangibles.

6. I didn't like the older Bosa before the draft cuz he had a quirky character and I took him wrong. I corrected it and was all over his younger brother. Chase Young does some great things but I still do not expect him to be a winner. Loved Myles Garrett. And so on.

7. Anyway I like both KT and AH. Both work hard and set the edge. Both will have success in the league. If I had to pick today I would go with KT, but the draft is not held today. Super quick, and I think he has a lot of the same intangibles as Garrett. The key with KT is getting him set in a system.