The next two drafts look terrible...

VanS

1 hour ago, VanS said:

I think you are being fooled by the tallest midget syndrome.  Just because these guys look better than their less talented peers doesn't make them elite talents.  I try to judge players independent of their peers.  The sport of college football as a whole is drained of talent right now.  

Little people is the preferred nomenclature.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

None of those guys are elite NFL talents.  Only QB in college football right now with elite traits is Anthony Richardson.  

That’s why he started this year and Florida was so good….Oh wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VanS said:

Other than defensive back I don't see a single position group that looks solid let alone strong in the 2022 draft. 

The defensive end class is a bit historic potentially, especially when DE should go 1 and 2 in the draft.

How in the world is wide receiver not an extremely strong class this up coming year.  It is a awesome class and super deep class of receivers.

The TE class is extremely deep and strong and so is the center class.

The ILB class is pretty solid as well and the safety class has super high end talent potentially.  

The 2022 draft is not nearly as bad as you say but sure if all you care about are QBs, yeah it is not the best draft in the world but some other positions it is pretty decent especially WR and DE.  

2 hours ago, VanS said:

Stroud and Young don't look like star NFL QBs.  Not athletic or twitchy enough to make up for their lack of size and arm strength.  Don't see anything special about Treveon Henderson.  Looks like a 3rd down back in the mold of Tony Pollard.  Bijan Robinson is a bit better but not by much.

I think you are being fooled by the tallest midget syndrome.  Just because these guys look better than their less talented peers doesn't make them elite talents.  I try to judge players independent of their peers.  The sport of college football as a whole is drained of talent right now.  

Do not see anything special about Treveon Henderson?  He and Allen both average 7 yards per carry on very few carries and are crazy productive as true freshman.  Henderson has amazing athletic ability and straight up speed, I have no clue how he is not impressive as a true freshman running back same with Allen.  3rd down back, how about no, dude should be a dominating RB next year and the year after that.

Your judge of players I greatly question much less your depth of information and players seen in total across the board, I mentioned a lot more than 4 players.  You have an opinion on all that I mentioned?  I doubt it, and if not might want to take a look and watch a bit more.  

Either way you are missing the point, there is an international pandemic going on!

"Iowa and Florida are among 37 states that delayed but permitted fall football, while 17 have postponed the sport until 2021 and 14 — most of them in the Midwest and Mountain regions — have decided to allow all fall sports seasons to proceed as usual during COVID-19."   Aug 29 2020

I also read 30 states allowed high school football last year in the fall, not sure if that stayed turn throughout.  And to pretend none of that matters in terms of the freshman coming into college football?  That is absolutely absurd.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The defensive end class is a bit historic potentially, especially when DE should go 1 and 2 in the draft.

How in the world is wide receiver not an extremely strong class this up coming year.  It is a awesome class and super deep class of receivers.

The TE class is extremely deep and strong and so is the center class.

The ILB class is pretty solid as well and the safety class has super high end talent potentially.  

The 2022 draft is not nearly as bad as you say but sure if all you care about are QBs, yeah it is not the best draft in the world but some other positions it is pretty decent especially WR and DE.  

Do not see anything special about Treveon Henderson?  He and Allen both average 7 yards per carry on very few carries and are crazy productive as true freshman.  Henderson has amazing athletic ability and straight up speed, I have no clue how he is not impressive as a true freshman running back same with Allen.  3rd down back, how about no, dude should be a dominating RB next year and the year after that.

Your judge of players I greatly question much less your depth of information and players seen in total across the board, I mentioned a lot more than 4 players.  You have an opinion on all that I mentioned?  I doubt it, and if not might want to take a look and watch a bit more.  

Either way you are missing the point, there is an international pandemic going on!

"Iowa and Florida are among 37 states that delayed but permitted fall football, while 17 have postponed the sport until 2021 and 14 — most of them in the Midwest and Mountain regions — have decided to allow all fall sports seasons to proceed as usual during COVID-19."   Aug 29 2020

I also read 30 states allowed high school football last year in the fall, not sure if that stayed turn throughout.  And to pretend none of that matters in terms of the freshman coming into college football?  That is absolutely absurd.

Deez Nuts GIF

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, Daniel said:

Little people is the preferred nomenclature.

That’s why he started this year and Florida was so good….Oh wait.

Tbf, he's only a freshman and the whole team collapsed. Let's see how he does with time. The physical tools are there.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Tbf, he's only a freshman and the whole team collapsed. Let's see how he does with time. The physical tools are there.

Oh yeah, of course he's physically talented.  But to say physical talent is the same as elite traits, and then to say no other college QB playing has elite traits is an obvious garbage take.

There are plenty of athletic QBs if that's the only criteria for "elite traits."

On 12/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, Deadpulse said:

You should check out tiktok instead, I hear there is a lot of young talent on there

On 12/6/2021 at 10:51 PM, Scoundrel said:

Jon Stewart Fighting GIF by WWE

On 12/7/2021 at 5:34 AM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

we've noticed

These literally had me laughing out loud. Well done fellas. Especially deadpulse. Not only because of your delivery and response but for some reason I was picturing joeybtoonz voice while reading it LMAO.

Source for those who don't get the reference: https://www.youtube.com/c/joeybtoonz/featured

(sorry this was way off-topic and I have nothing better to add)

• Like 4

On 12/7/2021 at 7:37 AM, Ozzy said:

Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame could declare for the draft but if he returns could be a high 1st round pick and has had a great year.

As a ND fan, I agree he is def a promising prospect in the future but he also needs more polishing in his technique too IMO (especially when shedding blocks) to make it as a premier pass rusher in the NFL -- which I guess goes back to your point about him getting another year under his belt.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:05 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I think that the DEs and WRs look relatively strong

The top of the DE class look like average players.  Not impressed with either the Oregon DE or Hutchinson.  WRs don't look to have much star power either.  Though I will admit I have not been the best at evaluating WRs recently.  

On 12/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, Ozzy said:

Do not see anything special about Treveon Henderson?  He and Allen both average 7 yards per carry on very few carries and are crazy productive as true freshman. 

Well there's your problem.   Stats mean nothing to me in college.   If they did I wouldn't have rated Josh Allen the #1 QB prospect in the 2018 draft or projected Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield to be a bust.

Henderson lacks the size and power to be an elite RB in my opinion.  In college his style can be successful.  Not unlike Reggie Bush.  But in the NFL you need thickness at the RB position.  Not many guys with his build end up being dominant 3 down RBs.  That's why I used the Tony Pollard example.  That's who he physically reminds me of. 

On 12/10/2021 at 10:04 AM, Daniel said:

There are plenty of athletic QBs if that's the only criteria for "elite traits."

Elite traits are a combination of size, athleticism, and arm talent.  Not just one or the other.  Like you said, there are plenty of athletic QBs.  But few can pair elite athleticism with elite size and elite arm talent.  That's the combination of abilities I look for at the QB position.   It's why I had Trey Lance rated as the #1 QB in last year's draft and Trevor Lawrence at #2.  They checked all 3 boxes.  

Edited by VanS