The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

@Rod Johnson I am not truly defending the cut, i think he should of been kept and him or McCourty converted to FS while Jabril goes to SS. That makes our defense a lot more stout. 

If our offense gets up to 25th in the NFL with an improved play of Kizer along with the return of JG and CC with Crow trending upward and Myles Garrett back ui think we may upset some teams. 

My crystal balls predict 2-4 wins.

#goBrowns

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@Rod Johnson I am not truly defending the cut, i think he should of been kept and him or McCourty converted to FS while Jabril goes to SS. That makes our defense a lot more stout. 

If our offense gets up to 25th in the NFL with an improved play of Kizer along with the return of JG and CC with Crow trending upward and Myles Garrett back ui think we may upset some teams. 

#goBrowns

Two things, its like winning the lottery thinking Gordon comes back anywhere near what he was in 2013.  Similarly, the same can be said about Kizer noticeably improving.

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

The only reason people like Sashi is because hes given this team tons of flexibility with cap space and draft picks. THAT IS EXACTLY THE REASON YOU FIRE HIM!!!!! This front office position is actually attractive to good candidates. NOTHING can hold you back from implementing your vision. You can do almost anything you want to improve the team.

Except no good GM or front office person will come here out of fear for being fired the very next year.

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Two things, its like winning the lottery thinking Gordon comes back anywhere near what he was in 2013.  Similarly, the same can be said about Kizer noticeably improving.

My crystal balls are telling me that the second half of our season will be better than the first half. Kizer will get better. I think he will be more effective than the first half. 
CC and Garrett, crow is getting better, and maybe JG. 

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I think you keep them both and tell the nerds 'Try and win this year. Don't mortage the future but aim for 8+ wins, it should be doable' and see what they do.

I think they felt they could go 0-16, 2-14, 4-12, 6-10, 10-6 in their first 5 years with no fire they way they have been moving.

I am fine with that as long as it is sustained that its routine to be 10 or more wins year in and year out once the plan has ran its cycle.

47 minutes ago, Danger said:

Unfortunately you guys can't evict the owners. Just get rid of literally everyone and everything you can except any promising players in their first few years.

It has been done before. Probably a dozen times now. It is a stupid plan. We fire the FO then we bring in a new guy who starts trading players left and right because they aren't his guys. Duke Johnson is shipped off for a 4th and 6th,  Danny Shelton shipped out for a 3rd and 5th,  Corey Coleman traded for a 3rd, Christian Kirksey and Joel Bitonio and their big contract that the new guy didn't agree too are traded for less than value because they were not his picks and he need ammo so that when he is finished tearing the roster down to the ground he can build the team. The problem is by the time the tear down is done and a few blocks are set in place then the idiot owner fires everyone again. Lather Rinse and Repeat

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

#goBrowns

Hope you're right!  I'd gladly take 4 wins.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Unfortunately you guys can't evict the owners. Just get rid of literally everyone and everything you can except any promising players in their first few years.

Which is like at half of the young players we’ve brought in which is a better hit rate than most teams.

keep the plan in place.

24 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

It has been done before. Probably a dozen times now. It is a stupid plan. We fire the FO then we bring in a new guy who starts trading players left and right because they aren't his guys. Duke Johnson is shipped off for a 4th and 6th,  Danny Shelton shipped out for a 3rd and 5th,  Corey Coleman traded for a 3rd, Christian Kirksey and Joel Bitonio and their big contract that the new guy didn't agree too are traded for less than value because they were not his picks and he need ammo so that when he is finished tearing the roster down to the ground he can build the team. The problem is by the time the tear down is done and a few blocks are set in place then the idiot owner fires everyone again. Lather Rinse and Repeat

This is why I'm in favor of sticking with most this staff.  Any semblance of roster/coaching continuity would benefit us more than anything right now, even if the guys making the decisions are mostly incompetent.  My concern is if Sashi never stops stripping away our roster even as he is building it.

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

John Gruden, Urban Meyer, Bill Cowher, and/or Bill Walsh.....DUH

Coaching problem solved...

You forgot Brian Billick.

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

None of which would come here, DUH, so no points for you kind sir.

No points for you, @Mind Character.

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

its the reality of the situation, you have to THINK before you act.  Knee jerk reactions gets people in trouble, period.

Now all that said, what the heck is wrong with this forum today?  Some are talking about Njoku's junk while others talk of masterbation.  This is not normal folks.  I remember several months ago this group went through a similar phase at the other place.  Not cool!

Not cool, guys.  Pack it in.  No more masterbation talk.  Njoku's junk is pretty sophomoric so just stop it.  And don't look in the old forum at all of Dizzy's gross posts about the stuff--that will not be detailed--of gods.  Also, let's not get people in trouble, period, so no knee jerk reactions.

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

its like winning the lottery thinking about Kizer noticeably improving.

Alright...no more knee jerk reactions starting now.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

My crystal balls are telling me that the second half of our season will be better than the first half. Kizer will get better. I think he will be more effective than the first half. 
CC and Garrett, crow is getting better, and maybe JG. 

That is some crystal ball since he has regressed each and every week of the season up until the Vikes game, and even it was not a thing of beauty.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

That is some crystal balls since he has regressed each and every week of the season up until the Vikes game, and even it was not a thing of beauty.

Plural. I have a pair. 

Once you hit rock bottom there is only one way. That is up. We have found out what kizer rock bottom is, now we will start to see the real Deshonne Kizer. 

Archived