WEEK 14 RAIDERS VS KC

NCOUGHMAN

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Regardless, I'd love to see if we can get anything for him and find a stopgap until 2023. Probably won't be possible considering he's coming into a contract year. 

I disagree I think that the fact he's going into a contract year makes him even more appealing because any team trading for him isn't taking on a long, large financial commitment. Carr only has a $19M cap hit in 2022 while guys like Wentz and Goff are making $10-$15M more than that. He'll be the 14th highest paid QB next year and on one of the most team friendly deals for any starting QB in the league. 

Carson Wentz was just traded for a 1st round pick with a huge contract coming off of a terrible season. Sam Darnold was just traded for a 2nd round pick coming off of a terrible season. Matt Stafford just got traded for 2 first round picks and his career has a ton of parallels to Carrs. 

The Panthers, Giants, Steelers, WFT, and Saints will all likely be in the market for a QB this offseason. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

When is the last time we had 4-5 fumbles in one game? It's crazy how bad we look. It starts with the coaching staff. Bisaccia is so soft. You can tell it hurt him to go for it on 4th down.

This team has no character. The guys who care the most are the rookies because the Raider way hasn't rubbed off on them yet.

This was just bloopers I literally got sick to my stomach watching the first half. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

You don't win games when you have 5 turnovers. Stopped watching at 21-0. Might as well start Mariota to end the season. Don't risk injury to Carr in meaningless games and trade him this offseason.

Rich doesn't even have enough balls to try and score a TD down 35 on the 5 yard line, he's not benching Carr.

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Just what I like. A good coaching staff.

Debalo started the season on the PUP list and is transitioning from safety to LB. Koonce was coming off of a foot injury that held him out of off-season workouts. I would've liked to have seen them play more throughout the year but I trust that if they were ready to play they would have. Bradley has had no issue playing Moehrig or Hobbs. 

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What happened to all of the homers who told me I was nuts for saying our D had no talent and Gus Bradley was going to come in and fix this mess?  

It's hard to make diamonds out of dog **** LOL

The defense played well against the Giants, Bears, WFT, and Bengals. Carr just couldn't make plays or extend drives when we needed him too so we lost.

• Like 1

Yep, a lot of points given up off the offense turnovers/ST plays through the last 6 weeks. Defense imrpoved enough to complement an effective offense but how can you expect it to jump to elite in 1 year? We'd need an elite D to win games when the offense is playing like that. Not specific to this game because we never had a chance.

• Like 1

Look, Carr has some talent and is a good QB. EVERY QB will be better with better protection and skill positions around them, that's such a tired argument.  

The problem with Carr lost on some of you is that he is not a leader. He speaks in clichés, then says something as stupid as "One thing I will say is, I always have my teammates' back. And I will forever have their back and if that's what we're doing, that's what we're doing" when asked about the ridiculous logo stunt.

He's the QB and the longest tenured player with the team and his words have held no weight in the locker room for years. Gruden did his best to insulate him while being the voice and trying to push him to lead. Every year the team has collapsed the second half of the year playing sloppy, undisciplined football. That starts with your leader. Teammates would not pull that logo stunt if they knew the QB would disapprove.

For the, "I hope he gets traded to a team where he can win games, he deserves it crowd". The only chance he has is to go to a place where the coach is entrenched as the voice so that Carr doesn't have to pretend to be. And even then, he still has to lead players and get them to buy into his clichés.

Carr doesn't loose often because of poor performances. He looses because he's not a leader who is respected in all corners of the locker room. 

I don't know if it's leadership but i don't believe it might be any different going forward and i'm sure that's how some of the players feel as well. If he disagreed with the logo huddle, it should have never happened since he's supposedly "the franchise" so yeah, it's probably leadership too. Could be that they know he's gone at the end of the year. Same with the coaching staff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The defense played well against the Giants, Bears, WFT, and Bengals. Carr just couldn't make plays or extend drives when we needed him too so we lost.

dam near everytime pat extended the play it lead to a defensive flag or a big play. Extending plays are vital for success imo. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Look, Carr has some talent and is a good QB. EVERY QB will be better with better protection and skill positions around them, that's such a tired argument.  

The problem with Carr lost on some of you is that he is not a leader. He speaks in clichés, then says something as stupid as "One thing I will say is, I always have my teammates' back. And I will forever have their back and if that's what we're doing, that's what we're doing" when asked about the ridiculous logo stunt.

He's the QB and the longest tenured player with the team and his words have held no weight in the locker room for years. Gruden did his best to insulate him while being the voice and trying to push him to lead. Every year the team has collapsed the second half of the year playing sloppy, undisciplined football. That starts with your leader. Teammates would not pull that logo stunt if they knew the QB would disapprove.

For the, "I hope he gets traded to a team where he can win games, he deserves it crowd". The only chance he has is to go to a place where the coach is entrenched as the voice so that Carr doesn't have to pretend to be. And even then, he still has to lead players and get them to buy into his clichés.

Carr doesn't loose often because of poor performances. He looses because he's not a leader who is respected in all corners of the locker room. 

One more offensive performance of 16 points or less and carr ties jr for most under 16 point games in a season. It’s getting that bad. 

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

dam near everytime pat extended the play it lead to a defensive flag or a big play. Extending plays are vital for success imo. 

Yes, it's very obvious lately. Carr is great when the play happens exactly as planned. Past that, we're usually ****ed.

• Like 1